The Egg, Albany NY 04-23-2007

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby Nicoleee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:15 pm

this story makes me cry
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby gillian » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Rob wrote:(Did I leave anything out?)

Nah...

I have never seen anything like it in all of my life. Usually it's the customer who gets belligerent toward employees... but this was the OWNER of a restaurant screaming and threatening customers who were simply making valid complaints about absolutely terrible service.

You would not have believed it if you had seen it.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 pm

gillian wrote:
Rob wrote:(Did I leave anything out?)

Nah...

I have never seen anything like it in all of my life. Usually it's the customer who gets belligerent toward employees... but this was the OWNER of a restaurant screaming and threatening customers who were simply making valid complaints about absolutely terrible service.

You would not have believed it if you had seen it.

"Terrible" service? You are far too kind, Gilly. I'm gonna add on the first three here. And what the hell, just for hoots, let's throw in revolting, ghastly and dreadful.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby libraryliz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:14 pm

I'm so sorry for you guys. That sounds horrible. I'd definitely tell everyone I know NOT to ever eat there again and I know I wouldn't. It could be the last sushi place on earth and I wouldn't - and I love sushi.

I'm very happy that you got a fantastic Patty show afterward. Sounds like it was much deserved.
So jealous you got to hear YNGWYW - one of my favorites.
Liz
libraryliz
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 pm

libraryliz wrote:So jealous you got to hear YNGWYW - one of my favorites.

Pretty fitting to hear Patty do that song after the unbelievable treament at the restaurant.
You Never Get What You Want....indeed.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 pm

Holy shit...that's awful. :/ I'm really sorry that happened to you guys - especially you Rob. How ridiculous. :P
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Turk wrote:
libraryliz wrote:So jealous you got to hear YNGWYW - one of my favorites.

Pretty fitting to hear Patty do that song after the unbelievable treament at the restaurant.
You Never Get What You Want....indeed.

But he didn't think it was his fault... :roll: I made it a point to tell the owner that I eat out pretty often and it was the worst service I had ever experienced. All I got in response was a sarcastic "Thanks, man!" I have to admit it was pretty entertaining seeing this jackass going berserk over a very legitimate complaint, and of course we all know how Rob reacts in an adversarial situation. :D

Patty's show was glorious, it was such a treat to hear her do Backwater Blues and Nobody's Crying (first time live for me), and the sound and the view in the 4th row of the Hart Theater at The Egg (or "the Egg Cup" as Patty suggested, preferably translated to French) were really wonderful.

Parenthetically, Michelle and I had dinner with Rob at Grimaldi's earlier tonight after a beautiful late afternoon walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and I was quite relieved when the pizza arrived with the correct toppings and in a timely manner. ;) (and thanks again Rob for being the Empire State's premier tour guide!)
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:54 pm

keith from ny wrote:Parenthetically, Michelle and I had dinner with Rob at Grimaldi's earlier tonight after a beautiful late afternoon walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and I was quite relieved when the pizza arrived with the correct toppings and in a timely manner. ;) (and thanks again Rob for being the Empire State's premier tour guide!)

Oh, jealous! Rob, maybe we can do this the weekend of the 30th? I hope so!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:43 pm

keith from ny wrote:Parenthetically, Michelle and I had dinner with Rob at Grimaldi's earlier tonight after a beautiful late afternoon walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and I was quite relieved when the pizza arrived with the correct toppings and in a timely manner. ;) (and thanks again Rob for being the Empire State's premier tour guide!)

My pleasure, Keith. It was fun to hang out again. Although, as relieved as I was when the pizza arrived with the right toppings, I was equally distressed when a slice of it ended up on the floor! :lol: :wink:

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 pm

gillian wrote:Oh, jealous! Rob, maybe we can do this the weekend of the 30th? I hope so!

I think it can be arranged, certainly. Just don't let Keith handle the slices. :wink:

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 am

Oops! I was too busy needling Keith for the dropped slice and I forgot to thank him for buying me dinner as he and Michelle somehow found out it is my birthday on Thursday. Thanks so much, Keith!

And thanks to Michelle for taking me out to a comedy club later on. Had a great time. And thanks to Patty for bringing us all together!

An unexpected and great little pre-birthday celebration.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 am

Rob wrote:
gillian wrote:Oh, jealous! Rob, maybe we can do this the weekend of the 30th? I hope so!

I think it can be arranged, certainly. Just don't let Keith handle the slices. :wink:

Hey, it's New York's best pizza, after all! I was nervous!! Image

Thanks once again Rob, and happy birthday a day early!
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Gerry » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 pm

What another amazing show sans the horrendous(the horror, the horror) experience of lack of service & management at the sushi place.

Rob you handled the situation beautifully, the owner was total jerk to put it mildly!!!!

Thank you all as always for your lovely company :D :D :D

Here are some pictures from the show.

Enjoy!
Gerry

No Bad News

Rain

Getting Ready
Last edited by Gerry on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby RedEarth » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Nice pics, Gerry!

I love seeing Patty in her rockin' out, hunched over the guitar, foot stomping pose.
Jessica

I don't know but I'm set to find out, I don't know but I'm a gonna find out
RedEarth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby keith from ny » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:44 pm

Great pics Gerry, thanks!
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Previous