Mann Center, Philadelphia 06-16-2007

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Mann Center, Philadelphia 06-16-2007

Postby keith from ny » Mon May 14, 2007 10:36 am

June 16th will be here before you know it! :D I'll be arriving early afternoon with my sister Kim & her hubby & best friend, and I've got a suite at the Residence Inn on East Penn Square downtown if anyone would like to gather there before the big event.

Any ideas for dinner? I've never been to the Mann Center, is the pre-show dining there any good? Ms. Mis?
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Nicoleee » Mon May 14, 2007 3:15 pm

i have a ticket for this show... so i will hopefully we seein' ya there, folks.
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Mon May 14, 2007 5:58 pm

:D

Don't disappoint us, eee-girl!
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 am

Mmmmkay...I need a final headcount on who is staying out at Hotel Mis after this show.

Just as a reminder, I live about 40 minutes west of Philly, so it's a bit of a hike, but it's really purdy out in the countryside and I'd love for y'all to see my crib! All are definitely welcome. Since it's a Saturday, if anyone wants to come in earlier in the afternoon, we can just carpool over to the venue.

Just let me know so I have enough places for everyone to sleep, let me know what coffee you like, what you want for breakfast, etc. :)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Mis » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 pm

Guys, I have an extra ticket for this show as my friend Kate is now unable to attend. Orchestra A Right, Row D - I have the tix at will-call, so you gotta be there to get it. Just want the face plus handling, which is $65.50. Thanks!
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby KarenL » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Wooooo.....I'm excited for Saturday :D :D For the shows, and to see everyone.
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Mis » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:24 am

Righty-o - is it just Karen at Hotel Mis then? Let me know. Otherwise, see y'all there! :D
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:00 pm

Last night's show would have been such a great concert if John Prine's fans weren't SUCH TOTAL ASSHOLES!!

Not all of them of course, but certainly all the ones who stumbled to their seats in the middle of Patty's set, and especially the drunken louts sitting right behind me and Rhonda who talked loudly during most of Patty's incredibly good performance and yelled "JOHN PRINE!!" instead of applauding her, and then who yelled out "You the man, John!" and "Say it, John!" and "Yeah I been there, John!" incessantly throughout his magnificent 2-hour-plus set (even John was getting annoyed), and who mangled most of his lyrics while they were attempting to sing along.

Grrrrrrr... :x

It was a very nice pre-show dinner with Mis, Karen and Nicole anyway, and great fun to see Patty sing In Spite of Ourselves with John.
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 pm

That's why I'm always a bit hesitant about co-bills. I hate it when “fans” behave that way when there are two artists performing and they're clearly only there for one. And then when they take it upon themselves to be obnoxious the whole way through the others set, or in this case, just obnoxious in general. Sorry ya'll had to deal with it, hope you salvaged a good time anyways. It would all be worth it to me, to hear Patty sing In Spite of Ourselves, I would keel over.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Mis » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:02 pm

Totally agreed, Keith - which is actually why we cut out pretty much right after Patty came out and sang with John, because we couldn't take it anymore. Although we did stay for "Angel From Montgomery," because yeah...you have to stay for that. We cut out right after though.

There was this couple in front of us who chatted and basically gave us the evil eye for being so into Patty - it was bizarre. The guy of the couple literally watched us watching Patty for her whole set, with this sour look on his face. Then there was this guy behind us that LITERALLY let out an Ed McMahon style, "HO!!!!!!!" after every line that John sang. I wanted to bitch slap him.

That said, Patty looked and sounded great. I have to admit I was hoping for some sort of a surprise tune, and/or for her to play an encore (and she would've had ample time because John took FOREVER to come out on stage)...but she played kind of the stock set she's been playing this Spring. Eh, what can you do. On our side of the ampitheater, people were incredibly chatty to begin with, but it seemed like Patty really won people over because it got quieter and quieter until people were really tuned in near the end of the set. So that was a good thing.

Nonetheless, it was great to see her. And superb to get to see you and Rhonda, Keith, and to hang with Nicole and Karen, who finally got to see Hotel Mis!
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:52 am

Mis wrote:On our side of the ampitheater, people were incredibly chatty to begin with, but it seemed like Patty really won people over because it got quieter and quieter until people were really tuned in near the end of the set. So that was a good thing.

I heard some very nice comments myself outside during intermission by people who didn't know Patty's music but were very impressed with her performance, which was indeed a good thing. I think they were sitting on your side! ;)

Not sure why John didn't keep Patty up there for Angel From Montgomery. I wanted to yell out "I bet Patty knows this one too, John!" but there was enough yelling at John happening already.
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:37 pm

Patty's set list was posted on TDtT already, but FTPNR:

Get Yourself Another Fool
Stay On the Ride
Trapeze
Burgandy Shooze
Be Careful
When It Don't Come Easy
No Bad News
Love Throw a Line
Up to the Mountain
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby KarenL » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:50 am

I had such a great time - it was so fun seeing Mis, Nic, Keith, and meeting Keith's friend Rhonda. Patty was fantastic... I thought the crowd was really receptive to Patty. Think she made many new fans that night. The drunk John Prine fans were annoying, but as annoying throughout his set as Patty's. Was also peeved that Patty name wasn't mentioned on the tickets, though. I think that was the best version of Up To The Mountain I have heard! Mis, thank you so much for letting me (and Nic) crash at your charming stone converted 18th century carriage house. You live in a beautiful area, too!

I'm trying to post the group pics...

Karen
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Shows & Meetups