Patty at the Brown Theater in Louisville

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby Lisa1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:49 am

Thanks Mis!

Hey guys, my seats are CC8 and CC9. I will try to look for you guys during the break and say hello. Yay.. I am really looking forward to this.. I need a good music fix.
Don't bring me bad news, no bad news, I don't need none of your bad news today....
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby bivester » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:03 pm

what a great damn show.

lisa kept a setlist so i'm sure she'll post it. it was a pleasure to meet lisa (and her friend from nashville, i suck at remembering names) and scott and maria. hope to see ya'll again soon, say maybe the end of the month...say maybe in cincinnati...or lexington...or nashville... :wink: :)

more later, here are some pics (i love my new camera!):
http://picasaweb.google.com/bivester (this is just the first pass through, there may be more or i may need to edit it down).
Last edited by bivester on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
"well, i'll bet you can't pronounce 'b-a-n-g-o-r' correctly any better than i can say 'louisville'... " ~patty to me after the kentucky theatre show

"and i'm so twitterpated about bill, i just tuned the wrong guitar...i said twitterpated, that's what i said." ~karin bergquist @ cst | dayton (sat | 04.09.2005)

bivester:concert photographs
bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby keith from ny » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 pm

what great damn photos! Thanks Bill. Image

Glad you got to meet The Scoote and Maria!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Lisa1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:57 am

First of all, let me say what a pleasure it was to meet both Scott, Maria and Bill. I am sure I will be seeing you again.

First things first, the set list:

Get Yourself Another Fool
Stay on the Ride
Trapeze
Useless Desires
Burgundy Shoes
Catch Tomorrow (not sure this is the name, she said it is a Billy Joe Shaver Cover)
- A song I don't know and never heard- sorry
Poor Man's House
Long Ride Home
Be Careful
When it Don't Come Easy
No Bad News (Several people got into this one and stood, including me)
Love Throw A Line (My favorite of the night)
Heavenly Day
Don't Give Up
Up to the Mountain
Truth #2
-----------------------------
Nobody's Crying
Getting Ready

Patty seemed to really be in a great mood and put a lot of energy into the show. I loved every minute of it. Love Throw A Line was probably my favorite song from the night. Patty was nearly dancing as she played and it made me smile so much, my face hurt.

The opening act was really entertaining telling clever and interesting stories.

Still haven't heard Making Pies live... I am holding out for Cayamo. I plan to make an outright request for it.

I took several pics. A few turned out really nice. I will try to post them tonight when I get home from work.
Don't bring me bad news, no bad news, I don't need none of your bad news today....
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby ScottG » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Fantastic show! My best Patty show yet!!
She was so on. I think Patty must have a soft spot for Louisville.
I think some of her early shows outside the northeast were here and Louisville really loves Patty. She was just radiant.
I must admit that I spent much of the show looking at Patty's bare knees and legs. Sorry, but she's just yummy. She had on a dress that looked like it was made out of a thin plastic table cloth and a thick black belt.
She was just SO into it, shaking and squirming like I've never seen. It was like just singing wasn't enough to get it out. She had to shake and wiggle too. Heh.
Only one piano song (Burgundy Shoes) and she played Poor Man's House!!
Gah!! I still can't believe that.
It was great to finally meet Bill and Lisa! You too Shannon
Hope to see you both at more local shows.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Lisa1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:26 pm

Great review Scott! Yep, it is obvious by my pics that Patty just couldn't stand her tiny little body still last night.. they are almost all blurred... but here are a few good ones that I managed to get.

My gig buddy, Shannon was driving up from Nashville for the show and she got caught up in bad traffic. I waited at my house as late as I could before finally deciding that I would have to meet her at the venue.

I got downtown in record time and snagged a free parking spot right on the street, walked in the door just in time to leave Shannon's ticket at will call, get a drink at the bar, and take my seat.

I really enjoyed the opening act but all along I was hoping and praying that Shannon would make it in time to see Patty!!

Finally, at the very moment that Scott Miller finished his set, Shannon called saying she was there! Whew! I had time to track down Bill and Scott during the break. I went up to one guy fitting the description that Scott had given, asked if he was Scott and he said no (it was then that I wondered if it would be a repeat of Birmingham... so close but not close enough!)... then I saw Bill standing up at the stage and thought to myself, that HAS to be Bill... that is AA1 and sure enough, it was! Scott found us and we had a nice chat.

My seat was very close. There were three rows of folding chairs in front of the front row and I was dead center in the seats right in FRONT of the front row :D Prime real estate. Patty even made a comment about the audience being so close and how she really liked that... saying something about not liking it when theatres have the audience so far away as if she was going to leap from the stage.. then she said something like "my leaping days are over".. haha

Patty mentioned that she had played a local coffee shop a couple of times back in 1996. All I could do was think to myself "WHY didn't I know about her back then!!" :lol:

After the show, we all stood up by the stage talking and an usher asked us if we were there for a meet and great... A MEET AND GREET!?!? How did I not know about that! haha.. that would have been pretty cool. So we said our goodbyes, but I have a feeling we will see each other at another gig soon!
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby bivester » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:14 pm

lisa and scott said it all better than i could, so i'll leave it great show, great time.

nice pics lisa.
"well, i'll bet you can't pronounce 'b-a-n-g-o-r' correctly any better than i can say 'louisville'... " ~patty to me after the kentucky theatre show

"and i'm so twitterpated about bill, i just tuned the wrong guitar...i said twitterpated, that's what i said." ~karin bergquist @ cst | dayton (sat | 04.09.2005)

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby bivester » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:35 am

Lisa1 wrote:Patty mentioned that she had played a local coffee shop a couple of times back in 1996. All I could do was think to myself "WHY didn't I know about her back then!!"

that was quite touching when she discussed playing at the "twice told" on bardstown and talked about the former owner, rick told, who passed away a few years ago, mentioning that he was among the first to try to teach her to pronounce "lou-ah-vul" and then dedicated the billy jo shaver song "to rick...wherever you are." i had no idea that she played there in her early days either or that she played the benefit for him after he passed away ('til scott told me). nice moment...

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Fool On Fire » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Scott let me listen in to "Poor Man's House"!!! I was thrilled. I love ya, man. :D It sounds like it was amazing, and those are beautiful pictures of her, Lisa.

~Elise
I've become the beggar now, and you've become the saint somehow
twist the words and place the blame, and tell me now, aren't we the same?

-- Amy Ray

born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl
if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all

-- Albert King

the saints and all the martyrs look down on dying converts
"what makes the water holy," she said, "is that it's the closest thing to rain..."

-- Josh Ritter

...the blues is the roots...everything else is the fruits...
Fool On Fire
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Lisa1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks guys. I am happy to share the photo's. I only wish more had turned out!
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby bivester » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 pm

i added a few more pics to my picasa page here, just click on the "patty" album to see them.

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kelsea » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:52 pm

Words is Rowing Song was on the setlist, and we know this cause the management themselves confirmed it. If this is the truth, than holy hellbags batman! Rowing song is my favorite song, the one I want to see the most and the one I’d accepted would never be played again. But apparently the apocalypse is here, given that RWTA made a comeback and RS made a setlist. I would die if Patty were to bring out RS, probably from jealousy.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Lisa1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 pm

Well, perhaps the song that I didn't title was Rowing Song. Patty mentioned something about it, saying "I did a song about rowing, I guess I can do a song about a funeral now" Or something close to that...proceeding into Long Ride Home.
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby ScottG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Murph said it was Back Water Blues.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:50 am

Great reviews guys. As for Rowing Song, it was on all (or at least most) of the CO setlists as well, but never made the cut. I have to wonder if maybe the person who types set lists just had a suggestion that was ignored, or possibly gets a laugh out of us going, "She STILL hasn't played it!" Either way...

And great photos too, that is a cute dress!
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Shows & Meetups