Delacorte Theater - Sept. 20

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Delacorte Theater - Sept. 20

Postby Rob » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm

According to Pollstar, Patty will be doing a show at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park on September 20 with Allen Toussaint. Not up on Patty's nor the Delacorte's website, though.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 am

$50 a pop. And who knows how long Patty will get as there are at least four others on the bill, including Allen Toussaint, the other headliner.

http://www.joespub.com/pubinthepark/show2.cfm

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:26 pm

I just purchased 4 tickets.

Keith, you have one if you want it. Gerry and Rob, please let me know ASAP if you want one. (And even if you DON'T want one.) I think I'll be able to persuade Antoinette to come.

Allen Toussaint is AWESOME.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Hmmm.... thanks, counselor. I'm not sure. I just think $50 is a little steep for only a partial Patty show. Then again, it is Central Park, and I have flown to Colorado and Chicago this year to see Patty, so if I average the price of planes and hotels and meals into the ticket equation, it's cheap. And the thought of her playing a tune or two with Allen is alluring. Hell, Allen is alluring himself. And he's gettin up there, too. Who knows when one will be able to see him again.

So... as Jerry Garcia used to sing... Might As Well!

Count me in!

Now let's get to the difficult part. I know Nic wants to come down and I keep promising to get her to Grimaldi's. How does that sound before we go bonkers again looking for spots to eat. It ain't Central to said Park, but it's damn good and somewhat inexpensive.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Thanks a bunch Arlene, I'm in! :D Although it's doubtful I can get to Grimaldi's or anywhere else for dinner before show time -- looks like it's a Subway 6" club on honey oat bread with lettuce, tomato, pickles, roasted peppers, olives, jalapeños, fresh ground pepper, oil & vinegar and oregano to be scarfed down on the Long Island Railroad en route to Manhattan for me. I'd probably drop a slice of pizza on Rob anyway!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:38 am

keith from ny wrote:I'd probably drop a slice of pizza on Rob anyway!

I forgot, can't take Keith anywhere. Although better on me than on, say, Patty. I'll be sure and invite her, too. I think that might make Nic's century.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Gerry » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:57 am

Thank you Arlene :D :D Count me in!! Sadly, I won't be able to join everyone earlier for dinner, since I will be working that day until 5 and my train doesn't get into NYC until 6:30pm.
Gerry
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Arlene » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:19 am

OKAY! My four tickets are now spoken for. (Moi, Keith, Gerry and Rob.) If others are coming, they'll need other tickets.

(Sorry Nic- I wasn't sure I'd be able to find takers for all 4 so I didn't get more to begin with. Frankly, I wasn't thinking and didn't realize you'd want to come in from Boston for this one.)

I'll be working also and won't be able to make dinner but I might be up for a post concert drink or desert.

See all of you then!
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:43 pm

Keith, Rob and Gerry- Hope this works. Here's a link to the seating chart. We're in Section J, Row O seats 606 to 609. It appears that we're in about the 15th row. See http://tickets.publictheater.org/calend ... acorte.gif

I have the tix-- they came in the mail.
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:17 pm

Looks great Arlene, thanks!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Unfortunately, Keith had to work but it was great to see Gerry and Rob. Here's the set list:

Stay on the Ride
Trapeze
Useless Desires
Burgundy Shoes
Live Forever (Billy Joe Shaver cover)
Flaming Red
Nobody's Crying
When It Don't Come Easy
No Bad News
Up To The Mountain
Heavenly Day
Be Careful

And here are some clips of what we saw and heard:

Flaming Red! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtAKb8qXrs

Live Forever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3f7pQ6eB2A

Nobody's Crying - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGnPyn0kRU

Trapeze - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4B0Am2h24M

Be Careful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-uH2qtc7M

Enjoy!

It wasn't a full band: "only" Patty with Doug and Michael Longoria.

Patty's set was shorter than we hoped because Central Park has a very strict 11:00 pm curfew and as Patty explained "I don't want to get in trouble with the City of New York."

Patty followed the great Allen Toussaint and when she sat down at the piano for Burgundy Shoes, she was typically self-depricating about her piano playing. In this case it was somewhat understandable-- she commented on what an honor it was to hear him and then said something to the effect of "I'm not that good. I only play the white keys but he plays the black keys too! He really plays."

It was a beautiful NYC night in Central Park-- the only annoying thing was that helicoptors flew overhead a couple of times. The second time, Patty looked up at the sky and remarked: "It's only me, officer."

We missed you Keith!
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Shows & Meetups