Colorado Shows

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Colorado Shows

Postby lily » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:11 am

So far, three out of three have been amazing. Durango had Makin' Pies and YNGWYW. Aspen was a tiny club and had some rousing singalongs and Poor Man's House and Boulder was incredible, in a barn, with Mother Of God as an encore. At the Aspen show, she had on a cream crepe material top over a white tank top and a tight black skirt. Durango, black tank and pinstriped skirt, Boulder, greenish dress that I think she wore to the Emmy thing (though I may be wrong).
Pictures from Durango: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwagner/se ... 068158169/

Pictures from Boulder:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwagner/se ... 114241550/

The Aspen show, I was honestly just way too close to take photos (like, literally a foot) plus there was a mean camera nazi. She wore the same black peeptop stacked pumps and red toenail polish and gold bracelet and diamond stud earrings all three nights.

I'm sure Kelsea will be along with a better set list from Durango (I lost my notebook in the dancing) and Aspen (too close to take notes without looking like a dweeb). And of course, addition and probably lovely stories about being known by the band as a result of planting ourselves outside the bus three nights in a row. Well, at least Peanut (the dog) was recognized tonight by every single band member except Bryn by name. It was pretty cool, we were walking by and they were all like "Hey Peanut!".

All in all a super happy good time. And still one tomorrow.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: Colorado Shows

Postby TontoBronto » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:40 pm

lily wrote:..... there was a mean camera nazi. She wore the same black peeptop stacked pumps and red toenail polish ....... all three nights.

I'm sure Kelsea will be along with a better set list from Durango ......

Hopefully, Kelsea will post pics of the camera nazi!!! :wink:
Were they Manolo Blahnik pumps?????
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Hopefully, Kelsea will post pics of the camera nazi!!!
Were they Manolo Blahnik pumps?????
Well aren't they always? That same camera guy got me a poster after the show, so all was good. btw, I was only outside the bus to see if I might be able to get something signed for a friend, not a stalker. I was there two nights. And when I had the chance to ask Patty about signing the set list for my friend, I froze and didn't say anything lol. Just like always. I'm generally to shy for that stuff anyways. But that's more than enough bus time for me, I think I'm done for the remainder of time, I'm definitely not a backstage/ after show type girl.

Durango
1. GYAF* (more upbeat version, like she was playing at the beginning of the tour, less slow)
2. SOTR
3. Trapeze
4. Useless Desires* (so strong)
5. Burgundy Shoes
6. Live Forever* (out of the songs she's played every show, this is probably the one I've enjoyed the most. I don't know why it surprised me to hear Patty managed to make this a melancholy/ sad, it seems to be her special talent, but she did and did it well. One of the best vocal displays I've seen in a while. So heartbreaking and lovely. Dying to have this on a cd.
7. YNGWYW* (started Backwater Blues but tuning was wrong and immediately abandoned it).
8. Making Pies* (same thing regarding BB)
9. LRH* (incredibly upbeat version, never thought I'd see people dancing to it, ditto for the Aspen show)
10. Be Careful
11. WIDCE
12. NBN* (Michael is beating on those drums harder than I’ve ever seen, Flaming Red style)
13. LTAL*
14. Heavenly Day
15. IDEGU
16. UTTM*
17. Truth #2*
18. Let Him Fly
19. Getting Ready

Aspen
1. GYAF*
2. SOTR
3. Trapeze
4. Useless Desires*
5. Burgundy Shoes
6. Live Forever**
7. Backwater Blues
8. Poor Man's House*
9. LRH*
10. Be Careful
11. When It Don't Come Easy
12. NBN*
13. LTAL*
14. Heavenly Day
15. IDEGU
16. Getting Ready
17. UTTM*
18. Truth #2*
19. Let Him Fly

This was probably the most rocking show I've ever seen, as well as the most diverse crowed. It was mostly standing room, in a very tiny venue. I never thought I’d get to see her in such a small space, but I’m happy I got the opportunity. Patty had found out in Durango Truth #2 gets people to dance (at least in CO) so she latched on. There was moshing, techno style dancing (Cher/ Kylie Minogue), hippie style dancing (you know, the flailing of limbs in no particular rhythm), two stepping etc. I would also like to report what I assume is the first ever PMH jam session, with air guitar and everything. Very fun show and the crowed was a blast. A good portion was drunk off their asses, but great fans nonetheless. It just made for an even better time. Patty seemed to love seeing a crowed that was dancing and singing along to her songs. Show notes/ banter later, if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

Boulder
1. GYAF*
2. SOTR
3. Trapeze
4. Useless Desires*
5. Burgundy Shoes
6. Live Forever*
7. Sweet Lorraine*
8. Backwater Blues
9. LRH*
10. Be Careful
11. WIDCE*
12. NBN*
13. LTAL** (I believe there was a term that floated around this board back in the day called Pattygasm. That is simply the only way to describe the performance of the song. I rarely smoke, but that occasion certainly called for a cigarette. Damn
14. Heavenly Day
15. IDEGU
16. UTTM* (best one out of the three shows)
17. Truth #2
18. Holy Mother Of God I knew it would be a special song when she came back out for the encore and made a beeline for the piano. Not Kite Song, Burgundy Shoes was obviously out, so I was kind of hoping for Words/ First star, but was more than shocked when the Mother of God started up. After nearly passing out and gaping for a few minutes, I collected myself and took in one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful performances I've ever seen. Originally it was just her and Frank, but Doug came on a later. She tweaked the song a little so when she sung “boys/ girls, in the world, your back etc” the words were high and elongated. Certainly something I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. And yes I nearly cried at the end when she went into, Maybe it's alright...

There was a guy three seats away from me in the first row that was completely obnoxious and kept yelling out questions and random comments. Things like... "What is Goodbye about", "Tell us about Goodbye", "A question, is Goodbye about someone who died?" etc. Other than one time he yelled those moronic comments over Patty when she was talking. When she was introducing UTTM (of all songs) he shouted "New Millennium" and another time Patty asked if anyone was form Texas and he yelled about no one specifically “she drove 1,000 miles from Schenectady”. She looked awkward because of the comments at first and then became deservedly annoyed. So the last time he yelled out "Tell us about Goodbye" after Sweet Lorraine when she was about to speak, Patty had this to say... "You know what this is NOT a Q and A. I wish I had the time for that but I DON'T. I’m not going to play that song and this is not a Q and A. (addressing the audience) there's a gentleman in the crowed who keeps asking/ yelling out about song (something to that gist). Thanks for you interest, write me a letter”. By the way that last line was spoken in the flattest, most frustrated tone, as was the whole thing. Patty was obviously upset with the man and put him in his place big time. I was very pleased watching Patty completely wreck a guy who deserved it so much. I think most of the audience was thrown when Patty roasted someone in the crowed because A. It's soft spoken Patty and B. Only the people in the first 3-4 center rows and people on the side sections could hear is comments well. After the telling off she was still obviously frustrated. But went straight into this one...
19. Nobody's Crying*
20. Getting Ready*

The Aspen and Durango shows were full of dancing and Patty was happy to see it.

That's all for now, I can post banter and show notes if anyone wants to hear it. Amazing three shows, looking forward to the last one tonight.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby keith from ny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:40 pm

That's great, there should be dancing at all of Patty's shows! :D

Sensational job of reporting as usual Kelsea, looking forward to your account of Denver!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks for the great pics, Lily! (and belated happy birthday wishes!)
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby lily » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:11 pm

Holy crap. We interrupt this broadcast for a special news bulletin from the Denver show.
She played
Riding With The Amazons!!!

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled programing.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lily » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm

Thank you Keith. On both counts. Denver pics and video (Live Forever and RWTA) will be up directly.

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwagner/se ... 134873721/

Video might take longer as I can't find the right cord.

And I'll add a few cents into Kelsea's descriptions, once I can get a chance to read my chicken scratch.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kelsea » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 am

Denver
1. GYAF*
2. SOTR
3. Trapeze
4. Useless Desires*
5. Burgundy Shoes
6. Live Forever*
7. Riding With The Amazons!!!!!! (I almost passed out on the spot and I'm sure there was drooling). Kevin I know you're excited about this one coming back, maybe not right after you saw her, but I was thinking of you buddy. This was spawned by Roy Taylor's suggestion by the way, so someone should send him a cake or something. Cat's outta the bag (well not that one) people. Reception was great, solo version and new tweaks.
8. LRH
9. Be Careful
10. WIDCE
11. LTAL
12. Heavenly Day
13. IDEGU
14. UTTM*
Out of order (the crowed got super dancey so I was focused on just being able to see and hear Patty).
NBN*
Let Him Fly*
Getting Ready

I think I'm missing one, sorry about that guys.

I also have video of Live Forever, UTTM, Useless Desires, Getting Ready, RWTA, GYAF, LRH? and LHF? Will post ASAP. I have some pictures as well, though not as professional as Nichole's. More later.

Thanks for the kind words Keith. Hope that upcoming NY show comes through for you New Yorkers (proper lingo?)

Great series of shows, still no Tony though. Besides Live Forever that was the song I wanted to hear the most, at least out of realistic possibilities. Here’s my bag, if she’s not gonna play Tony then it would help my sanity to stop putting it on every set list lol. It just gets my hopes up too much and with my luck Patty will play it for the next city just like last time. Otherwise not one disappointment, an amazing experience to be sure.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:11 am

Set list help for Denver (though Kelsea, I'm not sure how I managed to get it and you didn't seeing as I was up there with the dancers)
GYSAF
SOTR
Trapeze
UD
Burgundy Shoes
Live Forever
Be Careful
Amazons
LRH
WIDCE
NBN
LTAL
Heavenly Day
IDEGU
Up To The Mnt
Let Him Fly
Truth #2
Getting Ready

And yes, I was the one who slipped her a pretty pretty please play Tony note. She looked at me and smiled sadly like "Nope. Sorry."
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:44 am

Lily and Kelsea

Thanks so much for the great reviews! It sounds like you guys had a great great time.I JUST ABOUT PLATZED when I read that Patty did Riding With the Amazons. My God! I thought she'd sort of given up on that song. And there is video??? (Kevin drools like Homer Simpson eying a box of donuts) Amazing. Kelsea, thanks for thinking of me. On the one hand, I'm jealous as all get out, but on the other hand, it gives me hope that she hasn't given up on that song and that maybe one day it'll find its way to a studio released CD.

Maybe I missed something, but did she keep putting Tony on the list and then not play it? I wonder why...how frustrating! Anyway, again, loved the reviews and glad you both had such a great time.

And as for the heckler, it sounds like Patty really handled it well. It's too bad the venue didn't just throw him out. Was he drunk? Why would somoene be so completely obnoxious? Jeesh...

Love the reviews. Thanks.
Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:44 am

Yes, Tony was on the set EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and she didn't play it once. I think the altitude was messing with her a lot more than she let on.

And now, video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDhw_Y7L8Qk
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 pm

Well, I've found God, and her names are Lily and Kelsea. Thank you sooooo much for the video. That is just amazing. LOVED the solo version, though I think I love the band version just a little more, just 'cause it rocks more. But this version was great, and the quality of the video was amazing. Thanks again. It's so cool to be able to get a taste of stuff like this! What did we do before the internet??

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby keith from ny » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:59 pm

That is just , like, so fucking fabulous. :D

Thanks again, Nichole!
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby elcorazon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:01 pm

LOVE that video. among the best youtubes ever of patty
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:30 am

Fabulous video, Lilly! Thanks so much for that!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Next

Return to Shows & Meetups