Wheeler Opera House: Aspen, CO

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby keith from ny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 am

Wow, thanks for the excellent account Nichole! :D Makes me a little sorry I didn't get over the mountains to see it myself.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 am

Are you kidding me? OK, well, the bar for concert reviews has now been raised impossibly high. High like I won't even have to duck to limbo under it. God, great pictures, great text. Nichole, you are SO hired!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Russell » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26 am

Of special note from Nichole's excellent report is that Patty's new album appears to have a name: "Downtown Church". That comes from a comment by John Oates. He also comments that the album is coming out in April, but from what I can tell, it's still scheduled for May 19.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:25 pm

This is the song Patty sings on with Scott Miller.

<object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/tfKtdIvrXT/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/tfKtdIvrXT/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Little_Kites » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh gosh! She looks so cute! Cute and happy! Thanks Nichole!

Question? Does Patty have just a gospel album coming out or a gospel album and another non-gospel album coming out? And are they both coming out this year? Thanks.
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Turk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Little_Kites wrote:Question? Does Patty have just a gospel album coming out or a gospel album and another non-gospel album coming out? And are they both coming out this year? Thanks.

It's my understanding that it's only one album, gospel that will include self-penned songs.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby lily » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:38 pm

That is my understanding as well, however I did hear that she was working on some recording in Nashville in September of last year but I'm not sure what exactly she was recording -- if it was for someone else's album or her own.

And thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it. :)
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

I don't know about the extra embed code, but here's Rain from this show. There's also If I Had My Way on the MySpace site. John Oates drops in some beautiful guitar and harmonies, it's just a shame the camera misses some of it as it's zoomed in on Patty (but it does catch Scott Miller on harmonica). It's just nice to see them play off each other.

That being said, wish they posted She's Gone! As Nichole reported, that's what prompted Patty to say what she does about Oates before before she performs Rain.

<font><br><a>Patty Griffin - "Rain" w/ John Oates & Scott Miller</a><br><object width="425px" height="360px"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=55389520,t=1,mt=video"><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=55389520,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br><a>The Stories Behind The Songs</a> | <a>MySpace Video</a></font>
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby ScottG » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Wow, that was really good. Thanks Rob!
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying