Patty at Buddy's 9/19/09 Showcase

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Patty at Buddy's 9/19/09 Showcase

Postby Arlene » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:05 pm

I really wish I'd heard this set-- apparently, Patty joined Buddy Miller on stage for the following four songs at Buddy's AMA showcase on Saturday, September 19, 2009 at The Cannery in Nashville-- Worry Too Much, Dark End of the Street, Gasoline and Matches, and Chalk.

Julie duets with Buddy on Gasoline and Matches on the Written in Chalk album. Patty may have performed the song with Buddy previously during the 3 Girls and Their Buddy tour but I've never heard them perform it together and I'd love to.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Little_Kites » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Patty did when I saw them and they performed this song. In fact I think every time there was a part were Julie was suppose to sing Patty sang her part.

Here is Buddy and Patty doing Gasoline and Matches on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxePheNjMnY
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 am

Little_Kites wrote:Patty did when I saw them and they performed this song. In fact I think every time there was a part were Julie was suppose to sing Patty sang her part.

Here is Buddy and Patty doing Gasoline and Matches on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxePheNjMnY

Thanks! I'd forgotten I'd seen that before. It was posted by Jenn from Toronto (acoustic 1) who posts a lot on emmylou.net. She's also a big Patty and Buddy Miller fan. We hope to meet up next year at Merlefest.

(As much as I love Patty, I prefer Julie on this particular song. There's just a special "spark" when the vocalists are actually involved with each other. :wink: )
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Russell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Arlene wrote:(As much as I love Patty, I prefer Julie on this particular song. There's just a special "spark" when the vocalists are actually involved with each other. :wink: )
I'm with you on that, Arlene. I'd love to see the First Couple of Americana on stage together again and, until that happens, there's a hole that even Patty can't fill.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups