July 19 2004 concert at Carnegie Hall, NY

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

July 19 2004 concert at Carnegie Hall, NY

Postby jmp31 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm

This took place quite awhile ago but I didn't find it in PattyBase

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuar/ ... negie.Hall

Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: July 19 2004 concert at Carnegie Hall, NY

Postby Arlene » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 pm

jmp31 wrote:This took place quite awhile ago but I didn't find it in PattyBase

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuar/ ... negie.Hall

Jane

Jane-

NPR had the dates wrong-- they were referring to radio rebroadcasts of portions of Carnegie Hall concerts which took place in Zankel Hall on
October 21, 2003 (Kate and Anna McGarrigle at 7:00 and Steve Earle at 9:00) and October 22, 2003 (Buddy and Julie Miller at 7:00 and Patty at 9:00) and then on the big concert stage, on October 25, 2003, an Emmylou Harris concert at which Patty, Buddy and Julie, and Kate and Anna all made guest appearances. (Emmylou "curated" the first four shows-- she put together the week of music, selecting the artists, introducing them, and joining all for duets and harmony vocals.) I was fortunate to be able to attend all 5 shows-- it was a magical week of music in NYC.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

July 19 2004...

Postby jmp31 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks for setting me straight, Arlene. I envy your having been there for what must have been wonderful concerts! Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Shows & Meetups