The Berkeley Show

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

The Berkeley Show

Postby sfboy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

HI all. Thanks to Russell, I just scored 2nd row seats for Berkeley!!!! I'm a very happy camper. Hear that, Kels?? 2nd row!!!!

So I thought I'd start this thread so that if people who are going to the show want to meet before or at the show, we could. And of course, we can post reviews here in April.

Also, I now have 3 extra tickets for the 12th row. Please let me know if you want them.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby jessebearauntie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Gang:

Count me in for the Berkeley show, too. I've got 4th row seats! I'm so looking forward to seeing Kevin and Kelsea and any other Pattynetters at the concert!

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Kelsea » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Thats great news Karen, can't wait to meet you! Are you going to any of the other cali shows?
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby jessebearauntie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 am

I'm seriously considering attending the Santa Cruz show (and Kevin has been very persuasive to that end :wink: ) but I haven't made a final decision . . .
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby sfboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Come on, Karen. Can you seriously imagine yourself Friday night, at home in Sacramento, thinking that Patty is playing a show in Santa Cruz and you're not there??? You know you'll just be hating life if you do that. And I, being the brat I am, will call you and have you suffer through hearing Riding With the Amazons (which Patty will of course do, and dedicate to you and me, but you won't be there :( ) from my cell phone at the concert. And you will be emotionally scared for life. Come, you get a hassle free ride SF - SC - SF and a night at the Cross B & B!

You KNOW you're coming.........

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

HI all

In case you don't have tickets for the Berkeley show yet, and in case you want some, there are a few limited $25 tickets for sale.

http://livenation.com/email/campaign/?e ... 0%20%20%20

See you there!!!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm

HI all. I haven't had time for a proper review and I didn't take notes this time, but I thought I'd just write a few random thoughts.

Patty was amazing, as ever.

The setlist, though not in this order, included...

All of Downtown Church except for Virgen de Guadalupe. She did All Creatures of Our God and King for the first time this tour because, as she said, they were waiting for the right kind of piano, and I guess the Zellerbach had one.

Standing
Love Throw a Line
Heavenly Day
Up to the Mountain
I'm a Believer (a Waylon Jennings cover)
Get Ready Marie
Mary
Why Get Up (a Fabulous Thunderbirds Cover)

She was in great voice and in fine spirits as well. She looked really happy, if you can really tell that just from looking at someone. And she changed clothes in between her stint as Buddy's background singer and her headlining stint. The crowd was super enthusiastic for both Buddy and her. OK, more later.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups