Paramount Theatre- Denver 3-29-10

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Paramount Theatre- Denver 3-29-10

Postby Kelsea » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi everybody,

I have two tickets for the this show I need to sell. They are center orchestra row 11. I will sell them at the price I paid per ticket, not including handling/ conveniance fees. If you’re interested or know someone that is please send me a message and we can probably work something out. I ended up getting much better seats, but I don't want to waste these tickets.

Anyone else planning on attending this show?

Kelsea
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 am

Yup, I'm driving back to CO for the show (and to start moving stuff out to TX).
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lily » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 am

Wow. Amazing show. I'm going through the pics now, but here's a quick set list.

Standing
If I Had My Way
Wade in the Water (wow!)
Little Fire
Death's Got A Warrant (wow!)
Move Up
Heavenly Day
I'm A Believer (WJ cover)
Get Ready Marie (!! - Love this song)
Mary (a little of an odd transition between sexy grandparents song and Mary)
Never Grow Old
Love Throw
Strange Man
Waiting for my Child
I Smell a Rat
House of Gold
We Shall All Be Reunited
--
Coming Home To Me
Why Get Up (Fabulous Thunderbirds cover - debut - awesome)
Up To The Mountain

She had on the sparkly dress again. Teaser photo below, you'll have to wait for the full, official review for more. :-)

I so can't wait for Old Settler's, it was PAINFUL to not be able to jam and dance to the upbeat stuff.

lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Russell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

lily wrote:Get Ready Marie (!! - Love this song)
Mary (a little of an odd transition between sexy grandparents song and Mary)

Seems odd at first blush, but perhaps not so odd when you consider that grandmother Marie and grandmother Mary (O'Connor) are probably one and the same.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 pm

I always thought that Get Ready Marie was written for Mary Imelda Martin (who recently passed) and that Mary O'Connor (who passed in like '74) was the subject of Mary. So while the songs make sense in that context of being about grandmothers, it's just funny how different the songs are.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby jessebearauntie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 am

Hi Gang:

Kelsea is having trouble accessing her account so she asked me to pass along her notes from the Paramount Theater show.

This is proving to be an amazing tour! Easily one of the most fun Patty concerts I’ve ever been too. It’s great to see Patty, Buddy and the whole band smiling and joking the whole show. There was a lot of funny/ interesting banter between Patty and Buddy, maybe someone was able to get some of it down. I can’t say I’ve ever seen her looking so happy on stage. And I realize she’s only three shows in, but her vocals sounded like it was the first date. Patty was hitting some crazy notes and put new spin on a few songs I’ve never heard on any other versions. Plus she was killing it on the thigh spoons. I honestly adored every single song, but the highlights among highlights were If I Had My Way, Death’s Got A Warrant, Get Ready Marie, Strange Man, Waiting For My Child, Coming Home To Me, House Of Gold and UTTM. All the up tempo gospel songs are a blast, hard to stay in a seat. The crowd was eerily quiet and tame by CO standards, but very respectful and into the music. When I get home and settled I will post some video from the show. And if anyone is still on the fence about catching one of these shows, don’t be, just do it, really though.

Buddy’s Set

1. How I Got To Memphis

2. Worry Too Much w/ Patty

3. Wide Wide River w/ Patty

4. Somewhere Trouble Don’t Go w/ Patty

5. I Want To Be With You Always w/ Patty

6. Shelter Me w/ Patty

7. Written In Chalk w/Patty

8. Gasoline and Matches w/ Patty

9. All My Tears

Kelsea
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Russell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 am

lily wrote:I always thought that Get Ready Marie was written for Mary Imelda Martin (who recently passed) and that Mary O'Connor (who passed in like '74) was the subject of Mary. So while the songs make sense in that context of being about grandmothers, it's just funny how different the songs are.

Well, I learned something new - I didn't know both grandmothers were Mary. It does make putting the two songs together fun - sort of like throwing "I Smell a Rat" in the middle of a bunch of gospel songs.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Russell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 am

Kelsea wrote:Buddy’s Set

1. How I Got To Memphis

2. Worry Too Much w/ Patty

3. Wide Wide River w/ Patty

4. Somewhere Trouble Don’t Go w/ Patty

5. I Want To Be With You Always w/ Patty

6. Shelter Me w/ Patty

7. Written In Chalk w/Patty

8. Gasoline and Matches w/ Patty

9. All My Tears

Kelsea

Thanks for forwarding that along to us Karen. That's a lot of Buddy and Patty - that had to be special. Here's song #5 from the Buddy (and Patty) set:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7iaLfm_6-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7iaLfm_6-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 pm

^^I took that… sorry about the crappy iphone quality, my camera with video capabilities is in the shop…

Finishing up the review right now… http://www.uncommonmusic.org/2010/conce ... heatre-co/
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Shows & Meetups