Montclair, NJ at The Wellmont on June 11, 2010

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Montclair, NJ at The Wellmont on June 11, 2010

Postby Arlene » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:22 pm

So who else is going to the June 11th show in Montclair, NJ at The Wellmont? Keith and Gerry and I will be in Row F. If anyone else will be there, let us know and we can try to meet up.

BTW. Not sure if it's true but I've heard a rumor that there won't be any Patty east coast shows in NYC and Philadelphia proper until the fall, and if you wait until the fall to see Patty, it's very possible that Buddy Miller won't be opening for her and playing with her since he recently produced Robert Plant's solo album, and may well be touring with Plant in the fall.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby LimeTwister » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 am

Why can't I figure out where she is touring past April? o.O
I guess I'm taking my chances
Giving up the ring, throwing in the gloves
I guess I'm taking my chances
Trading in my things For a couple wings on a little white dove
And one big love, one big love
LimeTwister
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Just got home from the show. Life doesn't get much better than this. Keith and I took in our third show in four days. Gerry was sick so Adriana used his ticket. Similar set list except in the solo acoustic portion, Patty played a rockin' version of No Bad News and, since she was in the Boss's home state, a gorgeous version of Mansion on the Hill, a cover I've never heard her perform before.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:03 am

Arlene wrote:Similar set list except in the solo acoustic portion, Patty played a rockin' version of No Bad News and, since she was in the Boss's home state, a gorgeous version of Mansion on the Hill, a cover I've never heard her perform before.

I though I told you to not give me bad news, no bad news. That hurts. Damn you, Shawn Colvin, damn you to hell :wink:.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:22 am

Okay, I'm over my righteous, heart-rending anger.

Since I didn't see any of the Three Girls & Their Buddy shows, it was damn nice to see Mary w/Shawn (even though those dim bulbs in front of us made it less enjoyable than it should have been).

But Patty owes me a NBN.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Little_Kites » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:16 am

Hi guys I'm sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier I too was there! Only I was in the center on top like by the exit. Which was pretty good since I got an unobstructed view of Patty. I thought Patty was outstanding, they all were! The set list was good, the crowd loved Patty! Which I hope she realizes she has a lot of fans here that love to see her live, so maybe she'll come back! Hmmm lets see if I can remember any of the set list:

Patty:
Manson on the hill
Mary
heavenly day
wade in the water
if I had my way
waiting for my child
no bad news
get ready Marie
move up
little fire
we shall all be reunited
coming home to me (which by the way I was wrong about a lot of the lyrics, heh woops, I should have thought Patty wouldn't write when your lost in your seats, heh :P)
love throw a line
up to the mountain
strange man
Waylon Jennings song I don't remember the name of

and there is probably more I can't remember, right now

Buddy:
how I got to Memphis
gasoline and matches
all my tears
worry too much
written in chalk
Lefty Frizzell song

and more I can't remember, right now

someone must have heard you Rob, because someone uploaded a video of no bad news here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWf5TKhzhk. I was tempted to be like go Patty, Go Patty but I didn't heh :P. Good song to hear live.

Anyway I can't think of what else to say. I really liked the set list, mansion on the hill was indeed very lovely, (when I heard she was going to do a Springsteen cover I thought it was going to be stolen car, and I don't mind stolen car but if I had to choose between the two I'd go with mansion on the hill) the boss would be proud, I'm sure. Liked hearing wade in the water live.

It was all rather outstanding, way to go Patty! Come back soon!
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby sfboy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 am

Glad you had such a good time at the concert. Was Mansion on the Hill the Springsteen song from Nebraska??????? God, what a great opening song!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Little_Kites » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:23 pm

sfboy wrote:Glad you had such a good time at the concert. Was Mansion on the Hill the Springsteen song from Nebraska??????? God, what a great opening song!

Kevin

Yes, and I'm sorry I didn't mention it but that set list isn't in order its just what I could remember. That I think was the first song she sang after she came back out after I thought it was over, hehe :wink:
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby sfboy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:37 pm

OOps, I should have finished reading your posting before posting myself :( Anyway, thanks and...Patty Rocks!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups