Belly Up - Solana Beach - The show with the other Miller

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Belly Up - Solana Beach - The show with the other Miller

Postby IBeacher » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 am

No Buddy Miller for this stop but Scott Miller won the crowd over during his set.

Patty was incredible. I wasn't sure how the new songs would go over with this crowd but they loved her. I know I said this last year but this venue is a perfect fit for her. Intimate but rocking!

Pretty much the same set list as the other shows but we had No Bad News in her acoustic set. How that tiny woman can make those sounds come out of that guitar was unbelievable. I think it was the highlight of the night and she seemed quite surprised at the loud reaction to that song. Even more impressive was that Mary followed and after getting the crowd so wound up during No Bad News you could have heard a pin drop during Mary. And that's not an easy task in a tavern setting.

We also got Stay on the Ride (replacing Top of the World) and the encore was Up to the Mountain and the Fabulous Thunderbirds "Why Get Up". She altered the rendition of Up to the Mountain maybe pulling more gospel influence in to it because of the Downtown Church recordings. Very emotional! Why Get Up was a perfect rocking end. Great song and another incredible show.

Hopefully someone (Keith from NY - hint, hint) will get a good recording from this tour!
IBeacher
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby marybeth » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for the great review!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Shows & Meetups