HSB on 10/1/11

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

HSB on 10/1/11

Postby Arlene » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

So here's the set list for the most recent "solo" Patty show I saw-- her set at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco on October 1, 2011; she was backed solely by Buddy Miller. (I need to thank Kevin for getting up early to put down a tarp so we could get so close!). Patty said that she's been working on a new album (I'll believe it when I hear it) and from the song introductions, it sounded as though Get Ready, Marie and I'm Gonna Miss You When You're Gone will be on it. She also performed a song I'd never heard before that might be titled You Can Go Whereever You Wanna Go that might also be on a new album:

No Bad News
Heavenly Day
Get Ready, Marie
Never Grow Old
Sweet Lorraine
Love Throw A Line
Lonely Avenue (duet with Robert Plant-- Ray Charles cover)
I'm Gonna Miss You When You're Gone
You Can Go Whereever You Wanna Go (title?)
When It Don't Come Easy
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: HSB on 10/1/11

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 pm

You Can Go Wherever You Wanna Go

She wrote it about her dad after he passed away. Not sure when, but it wasn't that long ago. I read somewhere that he served in WWII. And from these lines one can easily imagine that he landed on some "icy shore."

You don't ever have to go to war no more
Never have to go to war no more
Wear them boots or swim that icy shore now
You don't ever have to go to war no more

Omaha Beach? Be an interesting question to ask Patty.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Return to Shows & Meetups