Boston & Albany Tix Onsale Sat 3/12 - Who's Going?

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby Mis » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:24 am

Good call, Gillian! Thanks! Third row pit! :D Weeeehaw! :D
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby gillian » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:27 am

Woot! I bet we're all basically together!!

/a cannot contain the excitement!!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Arlene » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:38 pm

A couple of people had asked about a hotel in Albany. FYI. The Albany Crown Plaza is a couple of blocks (very easy walking distance) from The Egg (a/k/a The Performing Arts Center). See http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/e ... lbdt?ias=y (If you book now, you can get a room with two double beds for under $80.)

The web page may need refreshening but....
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:57 pm

Eek! I guess I was supposed to chime in on lodging suggestions for SmAlbany (as we like to call it). My apologies....

As Arlene said, there is the Crowne Plaza, which is about as expensive as it gets in downtown Albany. The closest hotels that are cheaper and within walking distance of the venue are the Ramada and an Econo Lodge.

There is also the State Street Mansion which is a B&B and a short walk to the theatre.

http://www.statestreetmansion.com/

A bit further uptown there are a bunch of cheaper hotels, Motel 6, Quality Inn, etc.

Here's a link with phone numbers, etc.:

http://www.google.com/local?num=20&hl=en&lr=&q=hotels&near=Albany,+NY&sa=X&oi=localr

One thing to keep in mind is to book sooner rather than later. The State Legislature is in session and a lot of them travel to Albany on Sunday night and have regular rooms at these hotels. I don't think it should be an obstacle, but better to book early as who knows what crazy lobby day may be going on that Monday that people might also be booking rooms for.

Another thing is that I'll also have my car and will be happy to shuttle folks around.

My only regret is that I don't live there, anymore. Otherwise I would have had plenty of room for everyone at my old brownstone! Blame Dubya. He made me move out to work on the campaign!
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby girlgoddess » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 am

hey albany kids... i was thinking maybe we should sort of plan where we're gonna eat/hang out/etc.

I guess Saturday night and Sunday before/after the show are the main things I'm worried about.
Maybe Rob has some suggestions of yummy restaurants? Or places he's been dying to go back to since he left? A bar we can go drink after the show that will let lil' 'ol underage me in?

xo
rach
if you have poo, fling it now.
girlgoddess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Nicoleee » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:07 pm

Exactly one month until the BOSTON show at the Orpheum!!!!!!! :D
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:39 pm

folk_paradise wrote:Exactly one month until the BOSTON show at the Orpheum!!!!!!! :D

Hey Nicole- Melissa and I are sitting together at the Boston show. Let's figure out a place to meet at some point.

Also-- I really like your avatar.
Arlene
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Nicoleee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:48 am

Arlene wrote:
folk_paradise wrote:Exactly one month until the BOSTON show at the Orpheum!!!!!!! :D

Hey Nicole- Melissa and I are sitting together at the Boston show. Let's figure out a place to meet at some point.

Also-- I really like your avatar.
Arlene

Thanks Arlene,

My avatar is photo I took in the park near where I live.

I would love to meet up with you and Melissa. Where are you two sitting?

-Nicole :D
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:16 am

folk_paradise wrote:I would love to meet up with you and Melissa. Where are you two sitting?-Nicole :D

An excellent question. Melissa-- do you want to handle that? (Cause I'm sort of curious, too.) :)
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:35 am

Arlene wrote:An excellent question. Melissa-- do you want to handle that? (Cause I'm sort of curious, too.) :)

Well I emailed the PGroove guy because I was getting a bit concerned, and got a very prompt response, which I was impressed by. Evidently my email had been bouncing on him...better recheck my info at PayPal. Anywhoo, our seats are: Orch Right Row RR Seats 12-14. I'm not sure how good/bad that is, but I'll just be happy to be there. :)

Also, he said to mention that anyone who ordered tickets directly through them should receive them approximately 2 weeks before the show.

Hope to catch up with you there, Nicole!

Also, I talked to John Higgins last night and let him know we were getting a bit antsy about the pre-show meetup, so he's making some plans. Watch the sticky thread about Mother's Day/Boston for details. :)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Nicoleee » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 am

Melissa,

I'm in QQ, I think, center section but not exactly sure. So, we are very close.

I'll watch for the meet up info!
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Shows & Meetups