Grand Auditorium - Ellsworth, ME

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Grand Auditorium - Ellsworth, ME

Postby Browncoat » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:35 pm

I'll be there! YAY! OK, so this doesn't totally make up for missing PattyFest (stupid wedding, make me hurl!), but still!

Tickets aren't even on sale yet, so I'd better get the best damn seats in the house! If I do, maybe Patty's parents will be sitting beside me! Who knows, maybe I can talk 'em into taking me backstage... or maybe not.

Who else will be there?

-A
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Browncoat » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:07 pm

So, anyone going? Anyone at all? I bought my two tickets yesterday.

-A
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Browncoat » Wed May 04, 2005 11:50 am

So... guess who I met last night?

HEE!! What a fantastic show! OK, it started off bad, because I thought the show started at 8 and it actually started at 7:30... my bad. Yes, I was one of those annoying people who kept cominng in during Michael's set. Sorry.

Seats were fantastic - 6th row, left, aisle. No one to disturb my view of Patty, except when she joined Charanga Cakewalk on their last song and someone managed to stand in the aisle, right in my eye line. Grr.

Taped the show with my iPod, sound quality isn't great. It's OK on quieter songs, but hard to listen to on full-band tunes. There were a few times during the show where the mixing was noticably off. Especially with the electric guitar and Patty's voice, but they were remedied very quickly.

I ws able to nab Patty's setlist after the show (thanks mostly to my ever aggressive mother)...

(as written)

Au Ciel
Wade in the Water
Bad News
Don't Come Easy
Useless Desires
Long Ride
Solo
Solo
Kite
Up or Down
Silver Bell
Love Throw
Standing
Pies

Tears
Getting Ready
Icicles

Solo #1= Mary
Solo #2= Light it Up (which is fantastic!!)

Interesting tidbits:
-Lyric flub on "Useless Desires"
Walk down to the railroad track
The grass has turned to straw...

-Patty's voice cracked one on "Icicles"
We just want a little bit of sun for ourselves

After the show, my mother and I stood around the stage and grabbed the setlist, then saw that quite a few fans were waiting around too, so we decided to stay. I tihnk just about everyone Patty is related to was at the show and went up on stage. After about ten minutes, most of the fans had left, and it was just mymother, two fans, Patty's sister, and I down below the stage. The two fans decided to go up on stage, as Patty was there with a group of other people, so we followed. Yeah, that group of people were all family. We waited until they were all gone, and then my time to be ultra cool and hip came...

"Umm.. hello Patty. Um, uh, ah, um I love all of your work. Um, uh, ah, what a great show tonight! You were so great! Um, uh, ah, the first song I learned on guitar was "Moses". Um, oh! I just designed (DESIGNED, gillian - who thinks I made it sound like I own the site. Sheesh!) a new fansite that we opened, um, oh, ah, uh, I guess a fwe months ago. Um, oh, would you mind signing a few things - this (Impossible Dream)... and this (Flaming Red)... and this setlist that I stole? Thank you, Patty! I love you! I'm going to the Boston Folk Fest in September, I'll see you there. Oh, really? Two hundred feet away at all times?"

She complimented my shirt (thanks for the idea, beforesunrise!) too! On my way out, I asked the guy at the merch table if there were any promo posters left, but there weren't. But, then a woman who wors there took us to the little shop next door and gave us the poster from the window.

Fantastic night - September can't come fast enough. Except that means school again. Ugh. As Patty said, hopefully she'll be back to Maine soon.

-Adam
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Nicoleee » Wed May 04, 2005 12:04 pm

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JEALOUS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Mis » Wed May 04, 2005 12:50 pm

Oh YAY Adam!

That is so awesome! I'm so glad that you had such a great time and got to meet her, as well. :) Good times!:)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Klary » Wed May 04, 2005 1:17 pm

Congratulations Adam. I hope I will have the courage for something like that in London or Amsterdam. Whew...
How the little dreams we dream
are all we can really do
Klary
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby marybeth » Wed May 04, 2005 3:43 pm

We will Klary....we MUST!

Adam, congrats at meeting Patty and....for plugging Pattynet! :lol:
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby libraryliz » Thu May 05, 2005 10:13 am

Congrats, Adam! Sounds like you had tons of fun. How cute that your Mom was so aggressive.
I'm off to post my experience from last night!
libraryliz
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups