Madison, anyone?

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Madison, anyone?

Postby hadji » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:33 pm

It doesn't sound like anyone on this board is going to the Madison, WI show.
Too bad.
My date cancelled on me and now I have one, non-refundable, non-exchangable ticket (I will be using the other ticket myself). If someone wants it, it's theirs.
Sorry, guys-- I'd prefer to sit next to a girl.
Don't worry; I'm not dangerous (you want references?), and you'll be safe at the theater.
I'm determined to go regardless of what happens to the extra ticket, folks.
hadji
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Fool On Fire » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:48 pm

Hadji, I'm sure some of the Midwestern posse will be there. (I swear I heard someone mention they were going, but I can't remember who.)

I wish I could go. I'd be all over that extra ticket like white on rice.

You're going to love it,
~Elise
I've become the beggar now, and you've become the saint somehow
twist the words and place the blame, and tell me now, aren't we the same?

-- Amy Ray

born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl
if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all

-- Albert King

the saints and all the martyrs look down on dying converts
"what makes the water holy," she said, "is that it's the closest thing to rain..."

-- Josh Ritter

...the blues is the roots...everything else is the fruits...
Fool On Fire
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:09 pm

Aww, I feel so bad I'm missing the midwest dates. Hadji, I'll be there with you in spirit. Say hi to Patty for me! :D
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby hadji » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:38 pm

Yeah, it looked like no one on the board was going to the Madison show-- which makes me wonder if anyone will be at the Madison show!
What happened with my ticket situation was this:
I live in Iowa but I like Madison and try to get up there whenever I can (about twice a year, usually). I have a female friend who has been wanting to go there, too; last year, I played Flaming Red for her and needless to say she was hooked-- so when we found out Griffin would be in Madison, my friend got really excited about going. Since I don't have a working vehicle right now, though, she was going to drive us there and I would buy dinner and tickets. Unfortunately, she found out she would be unable to get that night off from work-- after I had already purchased and received the tickets! This left me with no way to Madison and two, non-refundable, non-exangeable tickets-- unless I somehow found someone willing go or, at least, I was able to sell the tickets (probably on eBay). Since I had been really looking forward to the whole experience, I was certainly hoping to find someone willing to go.
Fortunately, a very nice (though a bit religious, something I'm not) couple that I work with decided they wanted to spend the day in Madison on that date and were kind enough to offer me a ride up there and back. We'll spend the day downtown together, then they'll drop me off at the show and go do their own thing until it's time to pick me up and go home.
That will take care of my ticket... but since I was prepared to eat the cost of the other one, I figured I'd be nice and just give it to another Patty fan for free.
Of course, I feel kind of bad that I'd rather offer it to a girl than a guy, but I'm sure no hetro guy would blame me for wanting to sit next to a girl (and yes, I shower, brush my teeth and use deodorant). This is not some kind of weird set-up to meet a girl, though; I'm not after anything but a pleasant Patty show experience-- then I'm going home as soon as my ride picks me up (it's a long walk back to Iowa, so I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize it).
As I've said, however: I don't really care what happens to the other ticket-- I'm going anyway!
As far as saying "hi" to Patty: I talked to her after the Benefit For A Landmine-Free World in Chicago a few years back and really enjoyed it-- so I'm hoping to talk to her again. If I do, I will say "hi" for you, Gillian-- though I'm sure you get plenty of chances to do that yourself! :P
"White on rice?" That's not the simile I'm used to hearing, Elise; the one people around me use is "Flies (or stink) on..." well, you know! :wink:
hadji
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Mis » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:54 pm

Firstly, hello from a fellow Iowan. :) Secondly, what a bummer! I'm glad you at least found a way to get up there. If I were still in the midwest, I'd go to the show with you! But alas, I'm not. I'm sure you can probably find someone at the venue who would be interested in your extra ticket. Hope you have a good time!
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Return to Shows & Meetups