bring M&M's to concert?

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

bring M&M's to concert?

Postby Klary » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:57 am

On the MadMission list, there was a mention of "bringing M&M's to the shows again for Patty and the band".
From the mail I did not really understand what it means. Does anyone know about this?
How the little dreams we dream
are all we can really do
Klary
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: bring M&M's to concert?

Postby Arlene » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:10 am

Klary wrote:On the MadMission list, there was a mention of "bringing M&M's to the shows again for Patty and the band".
From the mail I did not really understand what it means. Does anyone know about this?

Not sure if they have them in The Netherlands but M&Ms are a chocolate candy sold in the U.S. The song Mad Mission also has the initials M and M. For years, some of Patty's fans who were/are members of the Mad Mission discussion board (and fans of that song) have brought giant bags of the M&M candies to Patty's shows and left them at the foot of the stage. At a couple of shows, Patty has mentioned that the M&Ms make her very popular with the crew when she distributes them after a concert. At one of the singer-songwriter tour concerts (with Patty, Shawn Colvin, Dar Williams and Mary Chapin Carpenter), Shawn Colvin was heard to jokingly complain that no one had left any M&Ms last night.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby andy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:13 pm

She better grab those M & M's fast at the Nashville show if people bring sweet, delicious, candy-coated offerings. I'll be sitting in the first row, and if I'm hungry, I'm not afraid to use my ninja skills to stealthily swipe a bag with a slight distraction of a puff of smoke.
:shock:
: a n d y :
please click

"You mess with a friend of Flinkman, and you mess with the Flinkman."
- Marshall J. Flinkman
andy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby penguin » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:16 pm

I don't know about M&M's for Patty, but if anyone would like to bring some to the King of Prussia show, I will be more than "willing to receive" them.
I've got walls, I've got wings, I am ready for the fire
I've got trust in nothing, see, I lost it by and by
but I've got something shining somewhere
honey, I dream on the sly --Chris Pureka
PattyChat | AntjeDuvekot.net | ChrisPureka.net | MattMorrow.net | Trades
penguin
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups