New York City! Fuhgeddaboutit!

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

New York City! Fuhgeddaboutit!

Postby Rob » Sun May 08, 2005 12:19 am

First off, Charanga kicked it tonight. They were great. I saw them in Albany and Boston and they were good, but tonight, with an added guitar player (who was that guy?) there was some extra spring in the step. They also did a sixth song as opposed to the five I saw at the last two shows.

Patty was stellar as usual (ho-hum :wink: ). The sound in the place wasn't as stellar, though. But the place was packed and the crowd was really responding to Patty. During Up or Down when Patty said the line about having a big mouth the crowd cheered and when she sang "I'll say what I want to say" a real roar went up.

No Bad News is just so damn good and the crowd loved it. I could listen to that song again and again and again and....

Tears of a Clown was rockin as was Gettin Ready. Oh damn, the whole show was great. I could babble on but I won't. Here's the setlist:

1 J'irai
2 Wade in the Water
3 No Bad News
4 When It Don't Come Easy
5 Useless Desires
6 Long Ride Home
7 Light It Up
8 Free
9 Up or Down
10 Kite Song
11 Silver Bell
12 Love Throw a Line
13 Standing
14 Top of the World
15 Makin Pies

16 Tears of a Clown
17 Getting Ready
18 Icicles Falling
19 Peaceful Valley
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Kim » Sun May 08, 2005 8:49 pm

Thanks for the 411, Rob. I really feel like I was there. Now, if only Tuesday will hurry up and get here, I will be there.
Kim
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Mon May 09, 2005 1:48 pm

Here'a a link to some photos of the NYC Webster Hall show: http://keithfromny.org/patty-2005-05-07/
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Shows & Meetups