CRT- Survivor - Round Eight

Discuss specific songs or Patty's music in general.

Moderator: gillian

CRT- Survivor - Round Eight

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Well, the people have spoken. We had a three way tie between Burgundy Shoes, Trapeze and Crying Over and as suggested by the Robfather, and blessed by our Super Delegate, we are going to eliminate all three.

This means the remaining songs are:

Getting Ready
No Bad News
Up to the Mountain (MLK Song)

Voting will close on Wednesday
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Up to the Mountain
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:20 pm

As amusing as I found the Robfather's post, I strongly protest this revision of the rules without notice to all those who have been disenfranchised. (Basically, I'm opposed to any rule revision which expedites the elimination of Trapeze.) But, since this so-called "democratic" process must go on....

GETTING READY
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Getting Ready
Nobody helps a liar.
...and you don't know what I've done.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:45 am

Arlene wrote:As amusing as I found the Robfather's post, I strongly protest this revision of the rules without notice to all those who have been disenfranchised. (Basically, I'm opposed to any rule revision which expedites the elimination of Trapeze.) But, since this so-called "democratic" process must go on....

I, too, found it hard to watch my girl in the little pink dress go down. All I could think *sob* was: I don't want Arlene to see her this way. Look how they massacred our girl in the little pink dress. But I assure you, counselor, it was just business on the parts of those who repeatedly fired their Thompson sub-machine guns at her. But better to watch her go down without me pulling the trigger than be forced later on to do the dirty work myself.

As for revision of the rules, you, my friend, are surely an excellent barrister, and I'm quite positive you could come up with some legalese that would baffle us all and we'd have to accept. Or simply make us an offer we don't refuse.

As for me, I'm going Up to the Mountain with Don Holechek. Like to go on a fun hike, counselor?

He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated...It's an old habit.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby elcorazon » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:50 am

UP TO THE MOUNTAIN
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:22 am

Well, my two top songs have been eliminated. :( So I'll vote half-heartedly for Getting Ready.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Annika » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:52 am

marybeth wrote:Well, my two top songs have been eliminated. :( So I'll vote half-heartedly for Getting Ready.

Same here.... I can't believe both Trapeze and Crying Over got eliminated at the same time.... :x

Now Getting Ready has to go!
Annika
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Nicoleee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 am

getting ready
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby KarenL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 am

Up To The Mountain
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:15 am

I'm getting ready to blast some people for voting off UTTM. I'm especially disappointed in the Robfather - who needs to visit the tent of the lady of the snakes PRONTO, and get a potion he can't refuse. :D

Buh-bye GETTING READY.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Seriously? You guys are voting off Up to the Mountain before Getting Ready? What the...???

GETTING READY
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Turk wrote:I'm getting ready to blast some people for voting off UTTM. I'm especially disappointed in the Robfather - who needs to visit the tent of the lady of the snakes PRONTO, and get a potion he can't refuse. :D

Buh-bye GETTING READY.

Blast the Robfather? Hey, whatcha gonna do, nice Patty boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Survivor business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a recovering neurosurgery patient cuz he exercised his right to vote? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing, you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit!

You're taking this very personal. Turkollozzo, this is business and this man is taking it very personal. Reconsider your vote or no more meetin's, no more discussions, no more Turkollozzo tricks. I'm givin' ya one message: I want Up to the Mountain. If not, it's all-out war; we go to the mattresses.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm

Rob wrote:[ I want Up to the Mountain. If not, it's all-out war; we go to the mattresses.

Rob? Rob???? This is the MARTIN LUTHER KING song we're talking about here. Didn't you learn ANYTHING from your years in politics??? You NEVER alientate a major constituency until the very last minute when you absolutely HAVE to to do. What's going on? Do we have to revoke your lifetime membership in the NAACP? Jackie Robinson, not to mention, Ed Charles, would be very disappointed in you.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Up to the Mountain? ... The MLK song?

This candidate obviously has an identity crisis going on and needs to go.

In the words of my darkest sexual fantasy (Anne Robinson)

"UTTM ... you are the weakest link.... Goodbye"
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Next

Return to Songs & Music