CRT- Survivor - Round Eight

Discuss specific songs or Patty's music in general.

Moderator: gillian

Postby elcorazon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:01 pm

i'm still mad that trapeze and crying over got eliminated. getting ready is my favorite song on the record, though. up to the mountain is about in the middle for me.
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Ian wrote:Up to the Mountain? ... The MLK song?

This candidate obviously has an identity crisis going on and needs to go.

In the words of my darkest sexual fantasy (Anne Robinson)

"UTTM ... you are the weakest link.... Goodbye"

Ian- "Goodbye" is from Flaming Red, not Children Running Through. :wink:
And Anne Robinson???? That's definitely more information than I wanted to know! :P
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:22 pm

Arlene wrote:
Rob wrote:[ I want Up to the Mountain. If not, it's all-out war; we go to the mattresses.

Rob? Rob???? This is the MARTIN LUTHER KING song we're talking about here. Didn't you learn ANYTHING from your years in politics??? You NEVER alientate a major constituency until the very last minute when you absolutely HAVE to to do. What's going on? Do we have to revoke your lifetime membership in the NAACP? Jackie Robinson, not to mention, Ed Charles, would be very disappointed in you.

I know what the song is about. But once again, it ain't personal, just business. As for alienating constituencies, I'm a man of honor. I can't go against Don Holechek, whom I made peace with in the last round. And Dr. King would expect no less from us than speaking our minds, however unpopular our decision. Remember, I got shot by Turkolozzo for refusing to Get Ready. However, I know it was just business. Therefore, to make the peace, I've arranged for my son to meet him in a small Italian joint in the Bronx. It's a family place that's got one of those old fashioned flush toilets in the bathroom.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Turk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Rob wrote:
Turk wrote:I'm getting ready to blast some people for voting off UTTM. I'm especially disappointed in the Robfather - who needs to visit the tent of the lady of the snakes PRONTO, and get a potion he can't refuse. :D

Buh-bye GETTING READY.

Blast the Robfather? Hey, whatcha gonna do, nice Patty boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Survivor business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a recovering neurosurgery patient cuz he exercised his right to vote? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing, you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit!

You wanna play the tumor card, Robfather? I've got a colon cancer scar that frightens doctors, muscle men and the toughest war veterans alike alike. It's straight out of the first Alien movie, I'm tellin' ya.
Maybe when you get to feeling better, you and I can try out for "Dancing With the Scars."

Tumor Schmumor wrote:I'm givin' ya one message: I want Up to the Mountain. If not, it's all-out war; we go to the mattresses.

Now you're just making me hot.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:36 am

I'm surprised that these are the last three songs left.
"Getting Ready" and "No Bad News" have always been my least favorite songs from CRT.
I'll employ Bush-like strategery and vote "Getting Ready" off.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Previous

Return to Songs & Music