Truth #2 Question

Discuss specific songs or Patty's music in general.

Moderator: gillian

Truth #2 Question

Postby Russell » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:41 am

On the Silver Bell recording of Truth #2, who's singing with Patty (or is it an overdub)?
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Re: Truth #2 Question

Postby Arlene » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:59 am

Russell wrote:On the Silver Bell recording of Truth #2, who's singing with Patty (or is it an overdub)?

Emmylou Harris
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Russell » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Arlene! This knowledge makes my life more complete. :D
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:33 am

Russell wrote:Thanks Arlene! This knowledge makes my life more complete. :D

Any time Arlene gets to say "Emmylou Harris", it makes HER life more complete. :wink:
In fact, many suspected that she had Tourette Syndrome because she would blurt out "Emmylou Harris" at the oddest of times.
She was on Jeopardy once and answered "Emmylou Harris" to EVERY question and lost out miserably to Bill O'Reilly & Nancy Grace.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:56 am

Tonto Yoder wrote:
Russell wrote:Thanks Arlene! This knowledge makes my life more complete. :D

Any time Arlene gets to say "Emmylou Harris", it makes HER life more complete. :wink:
In fact, many suspected that she had Tourette Syndrome because she would blurt out "Emmylou Harris" at the oddest of times.
She was on Jeopardy once and answered "Emmylou Harris" to EVERY question and lost out miserably to Bill O'Reilly & Nancy Grace.

That is SOOooo... untrue. I may have finished second to Nancy Grace, but I was AHEAD of Bill O'Reilly who finished last because he kept blurting out Toby Keith for every answer.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Arlene wrote:That is SOOooo... untrue. I may have finished second to Nancy Grace, but I was AHEAD of Bill O'Reilly who finished last because he kept blurting out Toby Keith for every answer.

That is SOOooo... untrue. Bill O kept spitting out the name "Keith Olbermann," as if trying to exorcise it from his tortured soul.

A species of marine life that lives on underwater volcanic vents... Who is Keith Olbermann!!!

A 19th Century artist famous for his impressionist paintings of water lilies... Who is Keith Olbermann!!!

The member of the musical group Hall and Oates who is not Oates... Who is Keith Olbermann!!!
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Arlene wrote:.... I may have finished second to Nancy Grace......

Nancy Grace was actually on a celebrity Jeopardy not too long ago. She did VERY poorly [unfortunately for her, the category "Sleazy news stories involving sex, murder and mayhem" wasn't one of the categories. ]:wink:

I'm confident you could have taken her with one side of your brain tied behind your back.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:36 pm

Tonto Yoder wrote:
Arlene wrote:.... I may have finished second to Nancy Grace......

Nancy Grace was actually on a celebrity Jeopardy not too long ago. She did VERY poorly [unfortunately for her, the category "Sleazy news stories involving sex, murder and mayhem" wasn't one of the categories. ]:wink:

I'm confident you could have taken her with one side of your brain tied behind your back.

Thank you. It's unbelievable to me that she's a lawyer-- or at least she used to be one. That's yet another thing that makes me embarrassed to be an attorney.
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Russell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Arlene wrote:That's yet another thing that makes me embarrassed to be an attorney.

You and me both, Arlene.

BTW, when my wife decided she wanted to have a Shih Tzu a long. long time ago, I told her that the only way I'd agree was for her to name the dog "Emmylou" after my first love. She agreed, so I got to say "Emmylou" quite a lot after that.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby scottz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Rob wrote:A species of marine life that lives on underwater volcanic vents... Who is Keith Olbermann!!!

Isn't the correct answer to this question, or rather question to this answer... What is Bar Association?!! :lol:
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Russell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:18 pm

scottz wrote:Isn't the correct answer to this question, or rather question to this answer... What is Bar Association?!! :lol:

Well, this string just goes to prove John Marshall's theorem #2: "Any topic, if discussed long enough, will eventually lead to a lawyer joke."
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Songs & Music