Is there more than one recorded copy of Buck Naked Heart?

Discuss specific songs or Patty's music in general.

Moderator: gillian

Is there more than one recorded copy of Buck Naked Heart?

Postby lindawmn » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 pm

The version on Love from my Lips 2 is beautiful but static-filled and hard to hear. Is there another clearer version? Thanks!!
lindawmn
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Turk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm

That was a pretty crappy audience recording. Such a beautiful song though. Hopefully someone can point a better recording your way. I don't know of one.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gala002 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:32 pm

There is an other version, a lot better than the one on LFML. Hamilton College 1995. It's a soundboard recording.
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lindawmn » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Anyone have that cut?
lindawmn
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby jessebearauntie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi Gang:

Pattybase is a great resource for these kinds of questions. Gillian and I recently completed an update to Pattybase and entered available setlist information for Patty's shows so Pattybase is now up-to-date on this front. If you see setlist information that we missed or got wrong, please let me know. We are currently working on updating show recording information.

To search for a particular song, like Buck Naked Heart, click on Pattybase, select "Search," and use the "Search by Song" option. Enter the song title from the pull down menu, click on "Seach recordings only" box, and then hit "search." Buck Naked Heart shows up under "results" on a few recordings - including Patty's Hamilton College show from 1995. The Hamilton College recording came right from the soundboard so the sound quality is high.

Not to digress (too much :wink: ), but the Hamilton College recording is just a great, all-around show. Patty plays early versions of many of her songs that she will later record on Living With Ghosts, Flaming Red, and Silver Bell. It is interesting to hear these early versions and see how fully formed the songs were coming straight from Patty and her guitar; later production of the songs doesn't seem to significantly change Patty's original arrangement with the exception of just a few songs (e.g., Tony). I think this is a testament to Patty's abilities, even early on in her career, as a songwriter. Patty also plays songs from the Love From My Lips days, like Buck Naked Heart, that she never recorded or rarely plays live any more. Patty is super chatty and really engages the enthusiastic and appreciative audience. IMHO, the Hamilton College show is another one of the Patty essentials, right up there with Silver Bell and the Love From My Lips series. Let me know if you need a copy of the Hamilton College show.

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby lindawmn » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Would LOVE a copy of the Hamiton show!!
lindawmn
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby jessebearauntie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Hello Linda:

Send me a PM with your address and I'll be glad to send a copy of the Hamilton College show to you this week.

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Gradle » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:11 am

I'd love a copy of the Hamilton College show as well if anyone is willing to send.

Thanks.
Gradle
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Turk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 am

jessebearauntie wrote:Hi Gang:

Pattybase is a great resource for these kinds of questions. Gillian and I recently completed an update to Pattybase and entered available setlist information for Patty's shows so Pattybase is now up-to-date on this front. If you see setlist information that we missed or got wrong, please let me know. We are currently working on updating show recording information.

Karen

This is great news. Thanks for sharing.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby jessebearauntie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 am

Hello Gradle:

PM me your address and I can send a copy your way as well.

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby ScottG » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I LOVE how "new" folks like Karen are spreading the Patty Love. Thank you Karen.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby jmp31 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm another Pattyholic in need of the Hamilton College show, please kind karen! Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby jessebearauntie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:24 am

Hello Jane:

I can send you a copy of the Hamilton College show, too. To send me a private message (PM) with your address info, just click on Private Messages above, right under the Forum line.

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Hamilton College show

Postby jmp31 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Thank you, dear Karen for offering to send me a copy of the Hamilton College show. I've yet to attend a Patty solo show, but the few recorded shows I've seen really demonstrate why Patty has such a loyal, avid fan base. She gives so much, and when she's feeling chatty provides a lot of information about many of her songs -- plus she has a wonderful sense of humor.
I'm Jane Porter
My address is 132 Pettegrow Point Road
Machiasport, ME 04655

Thanks again, so very much!
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Songs & Music