Question about You Tube comment re Patty

Discuss specific songs or Patty's music in general.

Moderator: gillian

Question about You Tube comment re Patty

Postby jmp31 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 pm

One of the commenters about the Little Firevideo on You Tube said this:

"when you disable the sharing of your media, I feel that you are hurting yourself. please wise up or I will have to move on to more progressive artists."

What's that all about? What sharing of media has been disabled?

Can anyone explain this, or is it just a crank rant?

Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 pm

From what I can tell, the embedding of the actual video was disabled, meaning that no one can add the actual video of Little Fire to their website or Facebook or whatever. That person probably wanted people to watch the video on their site without leaving it to go to YouTube.

For example - The Patty video below has been embedded to this site. You can watch it here and not have to leave this site.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pFbjE7NFmUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pFbjE7NFmUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now, with the Little Fire video, the best one can do is to link to the video like this:
Watch Patty's Little Fire video at YouTube

That, or some people just like to complain.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Question about You Tube comment....

Postby jmp31 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:17 am

Oh. Thanks, Turk, for the explanation. Looks like some people really do like to complain.
Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:51 am

Turk wrote:From what I can tell, the embedding of the actual video was disabled.......

anyone else notice how Turk is quickly morphing into some kind of computer geek/ technophile?
I remember back when he thought a "monitor" was a type of lizard, a "mouse" was a rodent and the verb "embed" meant taking some babe back to the bachelor pad for some sweet lovin'.
I'm suspecting some deal with the devil down by the crossroads??

:wink:
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Songs & Music