Patty DVD set

For trading of live Patty shows, the Love From My Lips series, and other unreleased material.

Moderator: gillian

Postby elcorazon » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:21 pm

my copy arrived in today's mail. Thanks tonto. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to watch.
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:23 am

elcorazon wrote:my copy arrived in today's mail. Thanks tonto. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to watch.

El,
sorry to hear you had problems with at least ONE of the discs. I hope no one else has had problems and just politely kept quiet about it. I'm trying to sort out what the problem was/is, and I'll gladly re-burn any discs that are giving problems.

Any diagnoses from the peanut gallery are welcome:
I transferred my one hour discs from an inexpensive Cyberhome DVD player to a stand-alone Panasonic DVD recorder. I put volume one and two on one burned disc, so the DVD that elcorazon received was approximately two hours. I also put volume three and four on a two hour disc and that disc seems to play OK. Also, due to a glitch I reburned the volume four Somerville concert as a single one hour and 10 minute disc. I think I used the same brand of blank DVD throughout.

I have another DVD player I can use for the transfer and have a DVD burner in my computer (which frankly I haven't figured out yet).
Someone has suggested that computer-generated DVD's are more widely acceptable?? I'm open to suggestions from anyone with wider experience than my own.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:27 am

Tonto Yoder wrote:
I have another DVD player I can use for the transfer and have a DVD burner in my computer (which frankly I haven't figured out yet).
Someone has suggested that computer-generated DVD's are more widely acceptable?? I'm open to suggestions from anyone with wider experience than my own.

Not just a suggestion... from experience that's a fact.
Set top recorded discs, even when they're finalised to actual DVD format, wont play on a big percentage of home players.
Maybe the laser isn't as powerful in set tops, I don't know but re-copying my set top recorded discs on the PC 'firms' them up and I've never had compatibilty problems other than with Americans who have older players that cant read UK, PAL format.
It's also a fact that the -R format is more compatible with the majority of home players than +R. (eg Panasonic just won't play +R discs).

Dubbing via DVD player to DVD recorder involves Digital to Analogue and then A-D conversion... at each stage you can expect some loss.
Doing this may be necessary if you are doing something like converting from PAL to NTSC format or doing some 'crude' editing but on the whole, if you have a pc burner then it is less 'lossy' (and a damn sight quicker), to use that to make an exact copy of your original disc.

I'd advise you strongly to get that new PC DVD burner of yours working TY.

I'l IM you some useful info on software
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby PattyChick13 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to Patty Net and I would love to have the 4-DVD Patty set. I don't really have any PG things to trade, but if you are interested in the Dixie Chicks, I have some of their rarities. But I will also do a b&p. Please email me at maguire_love03@yahoo.com Thanks! :)
PattyChick13
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Mr.Kite » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:50 pm

Hiya, can anyone help me get my hands on the DVDs. I have a copy of this year's London gig to trade , thanks to the lovely Marybeth!
Mr.Kite
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Mr.Kite » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:24 pm

I guess nobody wants to help me out :cry:
Mr.Kite
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby marybeth » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:40 am

Ian, can you take pity on Mr. Kite? He's on our side of the pond.

P.S. What about you folks who got your copies and promised to tree it out to others? Come on people.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi, wondering if I can still get ahold of this. I don't have a DVD burner, but PM me and name your terms! Thanks,

Nick
Nick
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:48 pm

I burned copies for Mr. Kite & PattyChick13 and have one extra 4 disc set available. Either post here or PM me if you'd like the last set.
(Mr. Kite & PC13 will ACTUALLY be getting 5 disc sets since I'm burning the Austin City Damien Rice/Patty show [with a Kasey Chambers bonus] as a fifth disc.])

(I reserve the right to give preference to active forum members over members with just a handful of posts).
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

4 dvd set

Postby acoustic77 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:47 pm

I've got the four dvd set and can burn them for one person right now (sorry - may do more later).
PM me if you'd like them.
Later!
Ben
acoustic77
Falling Down
Falling Down

DVD's

Postby meags1971 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:34 am

Can anybody help me get a copy of the DVD's??
Thanks!!!

:lol:
meags1971
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby beforesunrise » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:33 am

*raises hand*

can someone help me out? please? :)
beforesunrise
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Tigerlily » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:08 pm

I would be interested in receiving copies of these - I could do copies for others then.
I have a huge list of live shows (on CD) to trade (many Patty - many others ...)
I am in Europe ...

Cheers ...
Tigerlily
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby marybeth » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:55 am

Tiger, if no one has helped you out PM me. I don't have a burner, but I do have the discs.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Hey guys... I lost my copy of the Patty dvd set, along with several others, late last year while there was some reshuffling of people in the house. Would anyone would be willing to send me the dvd set? I'd be happy to trade or B&P for it and can offer to re-burn for others. I'd really appreciate it, gotta have some Patty dvd's to watch before the tour starts! Let me know thanks!

Kelsea
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to Trading