1999 Landmine-free World video

For trading of live Patty shows, the Love From My Lips series, and other unreleased material.

Moderator: gillian

1999 Landmine-free World video

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Saw this info on another site :wink:
Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Bruce Cockburn, Steve Earle, John Prine et al 1999-12-01 Stanford University, Palo Alto (NTSC)
Landmine Free Concert December 1 1999 DVD (NTSC)
Emmylou Harris, John Prine Patty Griffin, Nanci Griffith,
Steve Earle & Bruce Cockburn
Stanford University
Palo Alto, CA USA

Disc 1: 3.57 GB, 1 hour, four minutes
Disc 2: 4.06 GB 1 hour, 1 minute

Setlist:
Disc 1
Intro by Emmylou Harris
Souvenirs John Prine
Poor Man's House Patty Griffin
Raise the Dead Emmylou Harris
Creation Dream Bruce Cockburn
Trouble in the Fields Nanci Griffith
Lonesome Highway Blues Steve Earle
The Pearl Emmylou Harris
All the Best John Prine
Making Pies Patty Griffin
The Mines of Mozambique Bruce Cockburn

Disc 2
Outlaw's Honeymoon Steve Earle
Hour of Gold Emmylou Harris
Sam Stone John Prine
One More Girl Patty Griffin
Across the Great Divide Nanci Griffith w/ Emmylou Harris
Goodbye Steve Earle w/ Emmylou
In Spite of Ourselves John Prine
Tomorrow Night Patty Griffin
You Know the Rest Steve Earle
Michaelangelo Emmylou Harris
Sabu Visits the Twin Cities Alone John Prine
Christmas in Washington Steve Earle and all

This looks like sumthin' PattyFans would wanna have. Surely, someone in this den of traders must have these DVDs to offer???
Last edited by TontoBronto on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gala002 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Me! :D PM me. I will start the first 3. (+ Bruce)
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gala002 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:39 am

There's a place left. 8)

1. Karen (jessebearauntie)
2. Russel
3. :wink: (YOU ?)

All I want from you is to share with others. Americans, Canadians, Australians, Germans, Ian's and many other friends. (I should have said "British" but there was no rhymes......... so I said Ian.)
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gala002 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 am

This offer is close now. The third one is: BILBO :D
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm

The DVDs above are a good quality, audience-shot show, but Emmylou mentions that Bob Lanois (Daniel's brother) is onstage, filming the show.
I always figured that a finished product never materialised for some reason, but I checked out Lanois' MySpace page where his profile is as follows (emphasis is mine):

I've had the chance to express myself in many ways in my life. I am in the process of writing and recording my second cd. My first cd, Snake Road, was released in 2006 garnering a lot of air time on campus and CBC radio stations. The Ryan Furlong-directed video for The Vampire , from the cd, has received extensive play on Bravo, . I've shot film for Wim Wenders on Wllie Nelson's Teatro, directed videos of Grace Too and Greasy Jungle for The Tragically Hip, .
I directed a video and a music documentary called Building The Wrecking Ball for Emmylou Harris, directed a film called Concerts for a Landmine Free World for The Vietnam Vets of America Foundation.
I have produced and collaborated with Tom Wilson on The Shack Recordings. And I've recorded music for Sylvia Tyson, Willie P Bennet, The Silver Hearts, Simply Saucer,& Bruce Cockburn, to name a few.

Wouldn't it twitterpate us if that film would somehow be available?????
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:44 pm

A program from the series ;
BTW, I talked to Lanois via his MySpace page----he made the "Concerts" film for VVAF, turned it over to them, but never knew what became of it or whether it ever aired on TV or not.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby jessebearauntie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi Gang:

Thanks to Denis :D , I have a DVD of the Landmine Free World concert from December 1, 1999, to pass along. The DVD's audio and video is good to great quality. I can send copies to the first three Pattynetters that PM me their address and a promise to reoffer.

As a note, on the track list that Bruce posted at the start of this thread, Patty's third song is listed as "Perfect White Girls." Patty actually plays "One More Girl" and dedicates it to Emmylou Harris and Nanci Griffith.

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Russell » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:32 pm

jessebearauntie wrote:Hi Gang:

Thanks to Denis :D , I have a DVD of the Landmine Free World concert from December 1, 1999, to pass along. The DVD's audio and video is good to great quality. I can send copies to the first three Pattynetters that PM me their address and a promise to reoffer.

As a note, on the track list that Bruce posted at the start of this thread, Patty's third song is listed as "Perfect White Girls." Patty actually plays "One More Girl" and dedicates it to Emmylou Harris and Nanci Griffith.

Karen

I got my copy from today. Great video and thanks again to Denis. I'm next up after Karen on the reoffer. Just send me a PM with an address.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:21 am

jessebearauntie wrote:....

Karen
:oops: :oops:
Thanks for picking up the mistake.

I made artwork for my DVD case years ago (WITH the wrong title) and have been copying the mistake ever since. Perhaps members can still use the artwork, but they're gonna need a magic marker.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Landmine-Free World Concert

Postby jbjojo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks to Russell I received my DVD and am now ready to send copies to the first three people to send me a PM with your name and address. You'll enjoy the concert!

Jolynn
jbjojo
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Return to Trading