Jeffrey Foucault (new album in stores NOW)

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Jeffrey Foucault (new album in stores NOW)

Postby Browncoat » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:34 pm

I was going through Jeff's albums tonight and realized that I hadn't started a thread for him over here.

Jeff is this great Americana musician who has been described as "the bastard lovechild of Chris Smither and Kelley Joe Phelps". He sort of reminds me of a male Gillian Welch, with a bit more singer-songwriter in him and he's got a great voice, which sound much older than it's 28 years.

http://www.jeffreyfoucault.com

On the 'Music' page, there are 9 commercially available MP3s to download...

He is also one third of the Redbird trio (with Peter Mulvey and Kris Delmhorst) and has two solo albums released, "Miles From the Lightning" and "Stripping Cane" - I can't begin to think which CD you should try first. They're both amazing in their own right.

He will be featured alongside Patty on the "American Folk" compilation. The song, "Dont Look For Me," is a pretty cool song - so, there's one more reason to grab the CD.

Check him out!
-Adam
Last edited by Browncoat on Tue May 23, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby penguin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:37 pm

I have the Redbird CD, but I'd never listened to Jeff until tonight, when I put on the six MP3's from his website. He has a great deep voice that I really liked. Can't wait to see him next month. Thanks for the recommendation.
I've got walls, I've got wings, I am ready for the fire
I've got trust in nothing, see, I lost it by and by
but I've got something shining somewhere
honey, I dream on the sly --Chris Pureka
PattyChat | AntjeDuvekot.net | ChrisPureka.net | MattMorrow.net | Trades
penguin
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby disco_fred » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:49 am

I always see his CDs in the folk section at Borders but have never heard any of his music. He's quite cute, though. I'll have to give a listen.
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think -- ah, who cares? And then I think -- hey, what's for supper?" -- Jack Handey.
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Browncoat » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:29 pm

According to Penguin...

And I have to say, I sort of agree.
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:46 pm

OMG that almost made me pee my pants! ROFL!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:42 am

Browncoat wrote:According to Penguin...

And I have to say, I sort of agree.

Well, I guess I should be flattered to be compared to Mr Focault.. especialy as Fred thinks he's cute :lol:

Although in that photo I think he looks more like Real Madrid and England soccer star Michael Owen.

I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Re: Jeffrey Foucault (don't you dare skip my thread.. I'll k

Postby Kim » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:30 am

Browncoat wrote:He is also one third of the Redbird trio (with Peter Mulvey and Kris Delmhorst)

I have the Redbird disc and it is amazing. Is Foucault the one with the deeper, huskier voice?
Kim
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 am

But getting back to Ian, don't forget how cute he looks in his soccer shorts. I bet Jeffrey Foucault can't live up to that.

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:20 am

Stop it Marybeth , you're embarassing me :oops:

Getting back to Jeffrey Focault, if you check my thread out Mostly Rock n' Roll, the site linked has a short write up about JF (who was a guest of the show) and a very short media clip.

Jeffery Focault appearing on MRR
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Browncoat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:17 pm

Kim wrote:I have the Redbird disc and it is amazing. Is Foucault the one with the deeper, huskier voice?

Well, that's hard to say... both of the guys (Peter Mulvey and Jeff) have rather deep voices. Jeff is the guy who sings lead on the songs "Moonshiner", "I Gotta Get Drunk", and "Drunk Lullaby" (noticing a running theme here...). Peter is the lead on the older, jazzy songs like "Moonglow", "The Whole World Round" and "Down by the Sally Garden".

Redbird trivia for you... the song "Redbird" is listed as being written by an L. Baltimore. That's actually Kris Delmhorst, who's nick name is Lady Baltimore (it appears on her guitar case). In an interview, when asked about the song, she came up with this whole elaborate tale about finding the sheet music inside of a iano in her house. Complete bullshit.

-A
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Kim » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:20 pm

Browncoat wrote:Well, that's hard to say... both of the guys (Peter Mulvey and Jeff) have rather deep voices. Jeff is the guy who sings lead on the songs "Moonshiner", "I Gotta Get Drunk", and "Drunk Lullaby" (noticing a running theme here...). Peter is the lead on the older, jazzy songs like "Moonglow", "The Whole World Round" and "Down by the Sally Garden".

Thanks, Adam. That helps me out tremendously! :)
Kim
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby disco_fred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:38 am

I may have to put Jeff in the Lust Thread :D :wink: -- and if Ian indeed does look like him, his picture's going there too :P !!!

All hail folk hotties!
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think -- ah, who cares? And then I think -- hey, what's for supper?" -- Jack Handey.
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marybeth » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:02 am

I fully agree, Fred! Jeff is hot. (Ok I'll take pity and leave Ian out of this post.)

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:17 am

disco_fred wrote:I may have to put Jeff in the Lust Thread :D :wink: -- and if Ian indeed does look like him, his picture's going there too :P !!!

I'd be a huge dissappointment Fred... I can't dance to save my life :wink:
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby disco_fred » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:09 pm

Ian wrote:
disco_fred wrote:I may have to put Jeff in the Lust Thread :D :wink: -- and if Ian indeed does look like him, his picture's going there too :P !!!

I'd be a huge dissappointment Fred... I can't dance to save my life :wink:

Ian, I believe that anyone who can walk can dance :P :D !!! Live it, learn it, love it, do it !!!

And any guy who sends me Madonna DVDs is beautiful and amazing in my book :wink: !!!
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Next

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)