Sites for additional smileys???

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

Sites for additional smileys???

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:19 am

I often use this when the emoticons/smileys of PattyNet aren't quite perfect for a particular post.

Are there other sites that are similar that we all could be using??
And IF we were to ADD one quintessential emoticon to our esteemed list, I vote for Bart-
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby cinnamoons » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:23 pm

As always when someone's asking this kind of questions, I have no reply and I end up collecting links ;)
I'm definitely part of the uncool internet browsers! lol... so thanks for the link and I hope there are people cooler than me to help you out ;)

Carla
All of our children, all over the world are everybody's children, let love be heard Wherever the children are frightened and hurt When somebody suffers, let love be heard
cinnamoons
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:14 am

cinnamoons wrote:I'm definitely part of the uncool internet browsers! lol... so thanks for the link and I hope there are people cooler than me to help you out ;)
Carla

Carla,
sometimes being "cool" is over-rated!
So, here's a hug on behalf of PattyNet

Last edited by TontoBronto on Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:23 am

This phpBB forum software PattyNet runs on is very functional, but I really don't like the ugly little smilies here. I have a programmable text editor I compose most of my posts in where I can click-insert tags for the emoticons from the OtR forum (mostly the same ones in PattyChat), and I also use http://www.clicksmilies.com/ for anything more elaborate.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:28 am

I must say, I do like the smilies in the OtR forum (actually, I really like the functionality of the OtR forum a whole lot... it's Invision Board vs. phpBB). I do have the ability to change/add the smilies available here, and in the beginning days of the forum I had tentative plans to do so... I just never did it. I won't make any huge promises that I'll get to it soon, but maybe I'll put the OtR smilies on this board (and/or others).
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby cinnamoons » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:40 am

Awww Thanks, Tonto... I never cared about being cool though... I guess that's one of the reasons I like to tell my friends that I never heard a song by Britney Spears just to see the 'what planet are you from?' look on their faces ;)

but I do appreciate the hug AND personalized smiley and blow kisses from the other side of the pond... from France but not that kind of French kisses

All of our children, all over the world are everybody's children, let love be heard Wherever the children are frightened and hurt When somebody suffers, let love be heard
cinnamoons
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:13 pm

gillian wrote: I do have the ability to change/add the smilies available here, and in the beginning days of the forum I had tentative plans to do so... I just never did it. .....

I wasn't really complaining about the emoticons here (since they generally work well enough). But every once in a while, Ian or Turk REALLY should have Bart Simpson's moon directed towards them! :lol:
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:57 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News