Jeffrey Foucault (new album in stores NOW)

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Browncoat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:55 pm

Jeff's new album, Ghost Repeater, is going to be available for preorder next week, with a ship date of March 28th (it will be in stores on May 23rd). This is a truly amazing album, guys. You NEED to get it. It's definitely Jeff's best work yet, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be at the top of my list for music in 2006.

From his website...

In early December Jeffrey spent a snowy week holed up in a little studio in Iowa City cutting the tracks for his third solo record, Ghost Repeater. Produced by and featuring the inimitable Bo Ramsey (Greg Brown, Lucinda Williams) and his Iowa compadres, the album also includes special guest appearances by Dave Moore on harp and accordion, Eric Heywood (Son Volt, Richard Buckner) on pedal steel, and Kris Delmhorst on backing vocals. The album, which features full band arrangements but hews close to the line of Jeffrey's previous albums, with the songs framed this time around by Bo's signature electric guitar work in a series of country rockers and dark blues will be available for PRE-ORDER NEXT WEEK, and will mailed on March 28. (It will be in stores May 23.)

From Fish Records... (where you can hear some song clips)

A simply stunning album from Jeffrey Foucault - lyrically one of the best he's one of the best writers around, but the addition of Bo Ramsey as producer has given his music a lighter more accessible feel that makes this, his third, album a stunning country/blues album. Full review very soon.

PRE ORDERS NOW BEING TAKEN FOR RELEASE ON MARCH 28TH

Track listing
1 Ghost Repeater
2 Americans in Corduroys
3 I Dream and Old Lover
4 One for Sorrow
5 Train to Jackson
6 One Part Love
7 Wild Waste and Welter
8 City Flower
9 Tall Grass in Old Virginny
10 Mesa, Arizona
11 Appeline
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby deaeterna » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Hey, Mr. Sterling, did you see this?

Bo working on multiple productions this Spring

January 16, 2006

Bo just completed producing and playing on a new Jeffrey Foucault record called "Ghost Repeater" to be released in April, 2006 on Signature Sounds. He also just completed coproducing and playing on a new record by Benson Ramsey called "Light Under the Door" to be released this Spring. In early February he'll begin coproducing and playing on a new Greg Brown record (to be released on Red House Records).
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Browncoat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Jeff's new collection of John Prine covers, [i]Shoot the Moon Right Between the Eyes[i] is now available to purchase/download online at the Signatre Sounds website (where you can also pre-order a hard copy)!

http://signaturesounds.com/onlinestore/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=388
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Previous

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)