Jackson Browne

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Turk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:39 am

outta wrote:Excellent reading! Jackson Browne in amazing. I haven't heard "Lawyers in Love" in a long time. All the words came back as I was watching the utube. FUN!

That's very cool that he went to a Patty concert. Wish I had been sitting next to him!

"The Russians escaped while we weren't watching them, like Russians will." --Isn't that from Lawyers in Love? Strange how those lyrics apply today as they did from the 80s. JB's music will always have a timeless effect.

Thanks for that article quote, Arlene, and for that embellishment to the quote, Elise.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:38 pm

So what do you all think of the new CD? There are 4 or 5 songs that I like, but the others leave me pretty uninterested. Even though I agree 100% with his politics, his political songs on the CD seem really obvious to me. I guess I want something a little more eloquent then just railing about the government. But if it makes someone think, then I guess it's a good thing.

Anyway, just wondering what you all think.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:43 am

I feel pretty much the same as you do, Kevin. I've always agreed with JB's politics and when I really need a JB political vent, I put on "Lives In the Balance" or "World In Motion." Most of the new album feels a little like a rehash BUT I'd rather have weak JB than none at all.

He was on Leno last night and sang "Off of Wonderland."
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby lily » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 pm

I got to see Jackson at Red Rocks last night - ah-mah-zing. He doesn't appear to have aged much at all and he's still got most of his voice (there were a few parts that had been modified to be a little lower like the end of In The Shape of a Heart) but over all, he was fantastic.

But then, I'll always have that soft spot in my heart for Jackson, he was my first musical crush and the first musician I ever photographed.

http://www.uncommonmusic.org/2009/conce ... ocks-co-2/
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks. That was fun to read, Nichole.

I will always have a soft spot for JB as well. He was my first real musician I saw live in concert, in a real venue.

I've seen him live many times and he never fails to bring the goods.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 am

Wow, what an amazing setlist. I haven't seen Jackson with a band in sooo long. Sounds like a great show. Thanks for the review Nichole. And I think that the first verse to Just Say Yeah is probably my favorite verses of a song in a long long time. It just makes me super happy.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:41 pm

JB wrote a song called "Here" for the film Shrink starring Kevin Spacey.

See a video clip from it which incorporates Jackson here.

Hear Here here.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 am

'Thanks for posting that Turk. And Nichole, nice review. What you're doing on your blog is very exciting. :)
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Previous

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)