Introduce yourself!

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby 88sp » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 am

Hi all,

Patty fan of three or so years here from the UK. First heard of her through an independent music podcast which featured 'Red Molly' (www.redmolly.com) covering Long Ride Home...naturally, I had to find out who wrote it...and the rest, as they say, is history! Very quickly bought every album, DVD, found Silver Bell, and started hoping for some UK shows!

Thanks to this board (Rob!) I've inherited yet more rare goodies so it's about time I said hello!
--Sean.
88sp
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby marybeth » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 am

Hi Sean! Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. I love your avatar!!!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 am

Hi Sean

Another Brit here (Stoke), welcome aboard.

Do some digging around in the 'Shows and meetups' forum for some history of when Patty last played the UK (you will need to go as far back as pages 3 & 4).

Hope to see you stick around and maybe I can fix you up with some Patty goodies at some point.

Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby 88sp » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:11 am

marybeth wrote:Hi Sean! Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. I love your avatar!!!

Thanks Marybeth! - couldn't resist the pun!

Ian wrote:Hi Sean

Do some digging around in the 'Shows and meetups' forum for some history of when Patty last played the UK (you will need to go as far back as pages 3 & 4).

Hope to see you stick around and maybe I can fix you up with some Patty goodies at some point.

Hi Ian - from up here in Hartlepool!

When I was first buying her albums and browsing idly through YouTube videos I nearly fell off my chair when seeing she'd been here before! I've just been reading the threads you mentioned - I've turned an unsettling shade of green.

When she's next here, there's every chance I'll sell my possessions/organs/granny so that I can be at as many shows as possible!
--Sean.
88sp
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby marybeth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 am

Ian wrote:Hi Sean

Those were good times! (Sean, Ian is a little shy so he probably wont tell you he's the guy on the far left. I'm third from the left. *waves
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby 88sp » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:03 pm

marybeth wrote: *waves

Since waving at my monitor has thus far attracted only concerned looks, I'd better type ...

*waves back*

...instead.

:wink:
--Sean.
88sp
Falling Down
Falling Down

Previous

Return to The Watercooler