RIP Marybeth D'Amico

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

RIP Marybeth D'Amico

Postby LimeTwister » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:10 am

I am not sure who checks here vs. Facebook, but this message came across regarding our beloved Marybeth.

"Marybeth — a well-loved mother, daughter, friend, and human being passed away early Sunday morning from a rare form of cancer with her dearest friends and family around her.

She’s been quiet in social media land during the last few months, but she wanted her friends to know that she appreciated all the cards, notes, calls and good vibes that flowed her way. She didn't want people to hear about her passing "through the grapevine," so she asked me to post something here on her Facebook page "after." Ever the determined girl, Marybeth had an idea of just how she wanted it all to go ... and she could be awfully hard to resist.

Independent, dynamic, funny, sweet, strong, talented, deeply feeling, adventurous, and determined, Marybeth loved her daughters; playing guitar and singing her music; listening to the music of others; traveling; cooking; gardening; reading; her family and her friends, among so very many other things.
She is loved and will be so missed.
~ ~ ~ ~
For all who have asked “what can I do,” here’s a suggestion: Marybeth loved to garden, and she worked hard with the board of her building in Jersey City to create a small garden to brighten the view from the bay window of her living room. Her home will belong to her daughters now, and if you would like to help create the garden she dreamed of, Marybeth’s family has suggested that you send a small contribution made out to her sister: Suzanne D’Amico-Sharp, who will administer the fund. (please PM me for her address; i’d rather not post that publicly on FB. Deb Cooperman)"
I guess I'm taking my chances
Giving up the ring, throwing in the gloves
I guess I'm taking my chances
Trading in my things For a couple wings on a little white dove
And one big love, one big love
LimeTwister
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Re: RIP Marybeth D'Amico

Postby elcorazon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 am

so sorry to hear about this. :(
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Marybeth had shared bravely about the medical problems she was going through, so this sad news wasn't a surprise.
But that doesn't make it any less sad.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:43 pm

I have to say, I am a lot more upset about this than I expected to be. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but those of us who knew she was ill knew that this day was going to come.

To me, this also represents one of our original motley crew passing over to the other side. That crew 10+ years ago that first gathered here, sharing our lives with each other, sharing our love of Patty with one another and dissecting the songs, sharing our own music and covers of Patty's music with one another...we're a family, dammit. We have lost one of our family. And wow, it hurts so much.

I can honestly and without hyperbole say that I am still alive today because of this forum and the people who were here when I was at my most vulnerable. Marybeth was one of those people - always with a word of encouragement. Always with virtual hugs. Always offering of herself for others. It hurts so much when the good people go. So much.
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby saturdayboy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:42 pm

so sad.
god rest her soul.
"i never understood my failings then,
and i hide my humble hopes now"
saturdayboy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby ang » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:24 pm

My heart hurts. :(
Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.
ang
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh God, I can't believe I'm reading this. Guess I should have been more Facebook-friendly in order to be more aware of the lives of my friends made here. I'm sorry for being a shitty friend and my heart hurts for MB and her girls.

In the early years of this forum, my computer went south and I had no internet access for a few weeks. Marybeth printed out pages and pages of posts from the board and mailed them from her home in Germany to my house so that I wouldn't feel so out of touch and alone. She knew how much I missed the board and what it meant to me. I hope I told her just how much that gesture touched my heart. Right now, I don't know.

Thank you MB. Thank you for your kindness to me. Thank you for finding your own voice and for getting the courage to record and perform the songs you had the awesome courage to write.

You were and will always be a wonderful spirit who made people's lives better. Now you can truly spread your wings and soar....

Godspeed.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby stat763 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:42 pm

This is heartbreaking. I lost touch with this group and Marybeth a long time ago. She popped into my head last night so today I decided to Google her and send her a note of gratitude. She was very kind to me during a very difficult period of my life. Wow. What a shock. May she rest in peace.
stat763
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Return to The Watercooler